The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) aims to help ensure that emergency response saves lives and protects people in crisis. OCHA also seeks to enhance the connectivity and coherence between humanitarian and development work, based on the comparative advantage of diverse actors and in support of national and local capacity, towards collective outcomes that reduce risks, needs and vulnerability. OCHA Colombia works to ensure that evidence-based and collective situational awareness informs decisions on humanitarian action, seeking to ensure that streamlined data and analysis is provided to inform a rapid, effective and principled response. OCHA Colombia works to facilitate sufficient, timely, substantial, predictable and flexible financing that meets the needs of the most vulnerable people. In accordance with its mandate, OCHA undertakes advocacy on behalf of the most vulnerable people to ensure effective and principled humanitarian action. This advocacy contributes to action that also enhances the protection of affected people. This position is located in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Bogota, Colombia. The IT Clerk works in the Administrative and Finance Unit of OCHA Colombia, under the supervision of the Administrative and Finance Associate. She/he works closely with the other units of OCHA Colombia and its sub-offices. The IT Clerk provides IT and administrative support services, and daily technical support to users of technology in OCHA Colombia. Duties and Responsibilities Within delegated authority, the IT Clerk will be responsible for the following duties:Apply Now
- Provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology in OCHA Colombia.
- The IT Clerk works in close collaboration with the different units of OCHA Colombia and its staff for resolving IT-related issues, adopting a client-oriented approach.
- Supports implementation of IT management systems.
- Ensures compliance with corporate/headquarters information technology standards, guidelines and procedures for OCHA Colombia.
- Ensures effective functioning of OCHA Colombia hardware and software packages.
- Performs routine technical tasks, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs.
- Installs commercial and in-house developed software.
- Supports users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
- Supports networks administration, responding to user needs and questions regarding network access.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware, stock of supplies and spare parts, and files.
- Assists in backup and restoration procedures for local drives; Maintains backup logs; assists in off-site storage of backups.
- Provides administrative support, assisting in payment to vendors and individual contractors for services.
- Performs other duties, as required.