IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization based in Washington D.C., which is committed to the development of Latin America and the Caribbean through the private sector. As part of its mission, IDB Invest supports the private sector and state-owned enterprises through financing in the form of loans, equity investments, and guarantees.
The Investment Operations Department (INO) of IDB Invest is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination and execution of transactions to their monitoring. INO follows a matrix model, with three Segment Divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal areas such as the Financial Products and Services Division (in charge of capital market solutions, financing solutions for funds, equity and trade and supply Chain Finance), the Advisory Services and Blended Finance Team and the Portfolio Management Division.The Team:
The Corporates Division (INO/SMC) is responsible for supporting a broad range of critical business sectors including agribusiness, manufacturing, tourism, telecom, media and technology. The consultant will report to the Head of Agribusiness of INO/SMC in accordance with the needs of the INO/SMC Division.
The Investment Operations Consultant will be integrated into the team that develops new business and structures transactions of loans, quasi-equity and equity investments in Latin America and the Caribbean.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with project feasibility assessment for lending and investment projects. This entails conducting research relative to prospective project sponsors, gathering and developing relevant market, industry and financial data, and assisting with the preparation of operations summaries and preliminary desk evaluations of potential projects.
- Review and analyze financial statements and develop and/or adapt computer financial models, including financial projection models, to evaluate financial information and support management decision-making.
- May participate in appraisal missions to gather necessary technical, legal, economic, financial information as assigned to assess the merits of potential lending or equity investment projects.
- Establish and maintain quality Client Relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Assist with the development of detailed post-appraisal project reports related to lending and equity investment projects. This includes compiling data, conducting analyses, and preparing reports related to capital cost, financing plan, financial projections, legal considerations and other major issues.
- May assist with disbursements for approved lending and investment projects by assisting with the verification that project sponsors comply with all contractual conditions.
- Assist with the supervision of approved lending and investment projects to ensure their development as per established agreements.
- Assist in the preparation of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, information memoranda for investment projects, and other business-related reports required by INO/SMC Agribusiness in its day-to-day operations.
Skills you’ll need:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred master’s degree) in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related fields (master’s degree is preferable)
Experience: At least four (4) years of relevant employment experience as a financial analyst.
Languages: Oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish is required; knowledge of Portuguese or French is a plus.
Core and Technical Competencies:
- Solid negotiation skills with internal and external clients on delicate issues.
- Teamwork with excellent coordination among colleagues in diverse disciplines to complete a joint product for internal and external use.
- Good organization in order to take on multiple responsibilities simultaneously and maintain good attention to detail.
- Highly developed technical report writing and verbal communication skills.
- Motivation, proactivity, creativity, problem-solving skills and ability to work in teams as well as independently.
- Solid experience conducting financial and risk analysis for project feasibility assessment for lending and investment projects, financial modeling and credit proposal preparation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Opportunity Summary:Type of contract: ConsultantLength of contract: 36 monthsStarting date: TBDLocation: San Salvador, El Salvador
Responsible person: Invest Mgmt Ppal Off - Agribusiness&Food
Requirements: You have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of private investment development fields, including infrastructure and energy, corporates, financial institutions, financial and non-financial products and services, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
Because we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.
About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization, committed to the development of the private sector of Latin America and the Caribbean by financing loans, equity investments, and guarantees. In addition, IDB Invest partners with clients to provide advisory and training services
Visa and Work Permit: The Bank, pursuant to applicable policies, may submit a visa request to the applicable immigration authorities; however, the granting of the visa is at the discretion of the immigration authorities. Notwithstanding, it is the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the necessary visa or work permits required by the authorities of the country(ies) in which the services will be rendered to the Bank. If a candidate cannot obtain a visa or work permit to render services to the Bank the Consultant offer will be rescinded
“Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.”Additional Information