Are you passionate about supporting the origination, structuring, negotiation, approval and closing of investment transactions in the Latin American region to have a positive impact in the lives of millions? If so, we may be looking for you! Background The Investment Operations Department is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three Segment divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal divisions covering Financial Products and Services, Advisory Services and Portfolio Management. The Team The Financial Products and Services Division (FNP) of INO contributes to the origination and is responsible for the execution of sustainable projects with significant development impact throughout the deal cycle, including origination, due diligence, structuring and documentation, in close coordination with the Infrastructure and Energy, Corporates and Financial Institutions Divisions and the Advisory Services. The Financial Products and Services Division oversees transactions in blended finance, Capital Markets, equity and mezzanine, and trade and supply Chain Finance. The selected candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Capital Markets team. IDB Invest is searching for a professional with relevant experience in finance to join the Financial Products and Services Division. What you will do The candidate’s main responsibilities includeApply Now
- Support senior officers in the structuring and executing preliminary transactions in debt capital markets and blended finance: evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions.
- Assist the senior officers in achieving the scalability and growth of new asset classes. This will entail the development of appropriate transactional modelling infrastructure and standardization of internal processes and procedures.
- Manage relationships with existing and potential IDB Invest clients, investors and arrangers.
- Seek to build new relationships to generate new business opportunities with the private businesses in Latin America and the Caribbean. Represent and promote IDB Invest through developing key relationships in the private sector development communities by liaising with industry experts, potential clients, potential partners and stakeholders.
- Collaborate within team and across IDB Invest for developing regional capital markets strategies and support related promotion work, including marketing, mobilization of other investors and communications.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills required
- Ability to perform fully professional level Analysis on financial and credit issues. Thorough understanding of project, structured and corporate finance transactions and international finance documentation.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to contribute to multidisciplinary and multicultural project teams; willingness to help others by sharing knowledge; commitment to work toward win/win solutions.
- Initiative and Adaptability: Ability to act independently and resourcefully in responding to work demands, adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and change, as work is performed under limited supervision at most stages.
- Communication: Ability to convey facts and ideas clearly and in an organized manner in writing and verbally. Ability to adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Building Bonds: Ability to proactively cultivate networks with people across a variety of functions and locations within and outside IDB Invest. Works effectively and cooperatively with all stakeholders.