Are you passionate about supporting clients in creating a more inclusive work environment for its employees? If so, we may be looking for you! Background: At IDB Invest, we are convinced that an inclusive business is a better business. Our mission is to support IDB Invest’ clients in crafting a more inclusive business model by helping them create and implement their diversity and inclusion strategies. We do this in three ways: (1) by helping clients design diversity & inclusion action plans for their employees, (2) by supporting them design and create new products or services that are more inclusive and (3) guiding them to have more women-owned or minority-owned businesses in their value chain. We focus on gender equality but also on the inclusion of underrepresented groups such as, but not limited, Indigenous and Traditional people, People with disabilities, as well as Afro-descendants. The Team: The Investment Operations Department is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination, approval and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three segment divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal divisions covering Financial Products and Services, Advisory Services and Portfolio Management. The Advisory Services Division works closely with the Department’s segment divisions to prepare impactful projects, mainstreaming sustainability considerations, supporting champions in specific sectors through knowledge products and outreach activities and influencing the market through publications, conferences and other activities. These products include climate change, gender, diversity and inclusion, public-private partnerships, and sustainability and MSMEs. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of the Gender, Diversity & Inclusion team What you will doApply Now
- Work collectively with IDB Invest clients in LAC, particularly, financial intermediaries and corporates in the tourism, agribusiness, manufacturing and telecom sectors, and infrastructure companies, to develop new gender equality, diversity and inclusion advisory solutions that improve business performance.
- Create client strategies around diversity and inclusion by focusing on their talent, market and value chain (see IDB Invest strategy above).
- Implementation and monitoring of their D&I programs.
- Ensure the delivery of training/workshops programs for clients in the relevant topics.
- Consult with senior leadership teams to support local implementation and delivery, when required.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to amplify the work of gender, diversity and inclusion.
- Draw upon internal and external D&I data and insights to implement targeted initiatives that support clientele business strategy.
- Support team reporting efforts (donors reports, matrix results).
- Create knowledge products on relevant topics.
- Research on the intersection of gender/diversity & inclusion/climate/sustainability topics to draw best practices and create programs that target intersectional goals
- Collaborate closely with the Communications team to amplify IDB Invest’s diversity and inclusion.