Are you passionate about supporting the origination, structuring, negotiation, approval and closing of investment transactions in the Latin American region to have a positive impact in the lives of millions? If so, we may be looking for you! Background: The Investment Operations Department is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination, approval and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three segment divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal divisions covering Financial Products and Services, Advisory Services and Portfolio Management. The Team: The Financial Products and Services Division oversees transactions in blended finance, capital markets, equity and mezzanine, and trade and supply chain finance. You will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the Equity & Mezzanine team. What you will do:Apply Now
- Identify, select, originate, structure and execute transactions with companies that are consistent with IDB Invest’s operating policies.
- Evaluate both lending and non-lending projects, including, but not limited to, the initial screening of project applications, evaluation of feasibility studies, and preparation of concept notes, assessing project risks and advising on appropriate risk mitigation actions.
- Perform valuations of equity instruments using generally accepted valuation methodologies (i.e. DCF/DDM, comparable multiples and precedent transactions).
- Conduct appraisal meetings to gather the necessary technical, legal, economic and financial information to assess the merits of potential investment opportunities as required.
- Undertake industry and market research to support the business origination and execution efforts aligned with the investment strategy of IDB Invest.
- Maintain knowledge of industry and transactions including the preparation of lessons learned from projects.
- Represent and promote IDB Invest through developing key relationships in the private sector development communities by liaising with industry experts, potential clients, potential partners and stakeholders. Seek to build new relationships to generate new business opportunities.
- Participate in due diligence missions to gather necessary technical, legal, economic, financial information, as assigned, to assess the merits of potential lending or equity investment projects.
- Support activities in borrowing countries and contributing to new product development as required.