Are you passionate about supporting the origination, structuring, negotiation, approval and closing of investment transactions in the Latin American region to have a positive impact in the lives of millions? If so, we may be looking for you! IDB Invest is searching for a Professional with relevant experience in DCM to join its Capital Markets team in the Financial Products and Services Division. Background: The Investment Operations Department is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination, approval and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three segment divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal divisions covering Financial Products and Services, Advisory Services and Portfolio Management. The Team: The Financial Products and Services Division contributes to the origination and is responsible for the execution of sustainable projects with significant development impact throughout the deal cycle, including origination, due diligence, structuring and documentation, in close coordination with the Infrastructure and Energy, Corporates and Financial Institutions Divisions and the Advisory Services and Blended Finance Team. The Debt Capital Markets and Structured Finance (DCM) team is primarily execution focused and driven creating securities, enhancing capital markets and complex innovative structured funding solutions. It is a highly technical group, with access and exposure to most departments in IDB Invest. What you will do:Apply Now
- Originate, evaluate, structure, negotiate, and close new transactions: lead transactions’ approval process including coordination with the credit risk management, environmental and social safeguards, legal, mobilization and other internal units.
- Assist the senior officers in achieving the scalability and growth of new DCM asset classes. This will entail the development of appropriate transactional modelling infrastructure and standardization of internal processes and procedures.
- Manage relationships with existing and potential IDB Invest clients, investors and arrangers.
- Seek to build new relationships to generate new business opportunities with the private businesses in Latin America and the Caribbean. Represent and promote IDB Invest through developing key relationships in the private sector development communities by liaising with industry experts, potential clients, potential partners and stakeholders.
- Collaborate within team and across IDB Invest for developing regional capital markets strategies and support related promotion work, including marketing, mobilization of other investors and communications.