IDB Invest Treasury Operations Consultant (FNA/OPD) Background: The Finance and Administration Department covers the following areas: Controllership, Treasury, Marketing & Communications and Operations. The newly created Operations Division is responsible for financial and administrative services including treasury operations, financial operations and Document Management; and transaction services including disbursement processing, financial statement spreading & Analysis, compliance, and project monitoring. The Treasury Operations team within FNA/OPD supports IDB Invest’s treasury activities in the area of trade settlements, Cash Management, portfolio servicing and collateral management. The team: You will be part of a high-energy, and creative team. We are looking for a talented and experienced professional to join the Treasury Operations team. You will support the team in the various activities including the Cash management activities, execution of international payments, monitoring the transaction flows, securities settlement and reporting and reconciliations of activities. What you’ll do:Apply Now
Trade Settlement Operations
- Perform trade confirmation process for all fixed income securities trades with counterparts.
- Monitor and ensure settlement of investments activities (fixed income securities), funding activities (bonds issued), and derivatives instruments for Treasury related activities.
- Review Bond and Swap documentation for the Funding portfolio.
- Process and record cash, investment, funding, and derivative transactions in systems.
- Ensure accurate and smooth portfolio servicing for all trades which includes Fees, interest, and maturity payments.
- Monitor and resolve pre-trade/post-trade discrepancies.
Cash and Collateral Management
- Execute daily cash management activities, ensuring timely processing of incoming and outgoing funds in U.S. dollars or local currency, with high quality standards and accuracy.
- Liaise with swap processing vendor and collateral manager to ensure smooth derivatives operations.
- Ensure timely resolution of business units’ inquiries regarding payments and collections.
Systems and Processes
- Act as a (SME) Subject Matter Expert on Process Automation providing direction, identify opportunities, designing system enhancements to reduce manual intervention and strengthening controls to support Treasury’s mandate and activities.
- Participate in the implementation and testing of new treasury products and systems.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment while juggling multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize implementation of solution according to its institutional value
- Capacity to understand and translate clients’ needs into implementable solutions, providing services that meet clients’ expectations for quality and performance
- Ability to listen actively, obtain necessary input, share ideas, speak persuasively, and convey information in a clear, objective, and concise manner.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Fixed Income, Derivative and Cash terminology, concepts, and financial calculations
- Strong knowledge of Bond and ISDA Swap documentation
- Experience working with Treasury Management Systems, Markitwire, Bloomberg. People Soft Treasury module and ACBS will be desirable
- Ability to use technology to improve and advance new and existing processes
- Data Analytics skills with basic programming skills and knowledge of Power BI will be an advantage
- Familiarity with international payment systems and software, such as Summit, SWIFT, TARGET, CHIPS, CHAPS, IBAN, ACH Payments, and office software (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Expert knowledge of Microsoft Access or other Database Management system is highly desirable.