IDB Invest - Paralegal Consultant - Country Office Background: We are searching for a Paralegal - Consultant for the Financial Markets and Projects Legal Team (FML) of the Legal Department, focusing on the substantive areas referenced below. The Team: Our Legal Department advises Management, the Board of Executive Directors and the Board of Governors on all legal matters relating to IDB Invest. As part of its functions, the Legal Department provides a full range of legal support to non-sovereign guaranteed operations throughout the entire transaction cycle, including origination, portfolio management, and workouts, and the development of new products. Also, we provide legal advice on all institutional and financial matters for IDB Invest, including governance, financial management, institutional integrity and Administration of human resources. What you’ll do:Apply Now
- Assists with drafting, negotiating, and reviewing of legal documents related to the origination and portfolio management for projects of the IIC, including retainers with external Counsel, powers of attorney, internal resolutions, closing documentation, amendments, waivers and other related documents.
- Assists with the development and regular updating of model documentation and maintenance of the Legal Department intranet, and other knowledge management activities.
- Supports the financial closing of projects preparing documentation, including the execution, notarization and consularization of agreements, and the organization, review and tracking of conditions precedent to disbursement.
- Manages timely provision of official documents required for IIC loans or investments.
- Coordinates the filing of legal documents and records in accordance with IIC policies and procedures.
- Conducts research on a variety of matters, including IDBG policies and procedures, Legal Department opinions, and transaction precedents.
- Liaises with external counsel on transaction matters and assists with management and tracking of external counsel invoices and data.
- Reviews or prepares translations of IIC documents for external or internal use.
- Citizenship: You are either a citizen of Panama or a citizen of one of our 48-member countries with residency or legal permit to work in.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience: 3 years of relevant professional legal experience preferably in transactional work. You have knowledge and substantive legal experience in Civil law systems.
- Language: You are proficient (oral and written) in at least 2 official languages of IDB Invest (English, Spanish, Portuguese and French), with knowledge of Spanish preferred.