Important notice to the Applicants! Only those applications/offers will be considered that have been submitted to the following e-mail address: email@example.com with the indication of Ref.2020-097 in the subject line. The application deadline is 6 PM (Nur-Sultan time) 2 August 2020. For detailed information on the position, required documents to be sent and evaluation procedure please refer to the Terms of Reference (https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=68025). Background: Like many other developing countries Kazakhstan is currently conducting an Analysis of the existing system for measuring and reporting on the impact of Climate Change measures (both mitigation and adaptation measures). Since the available resources and practical knowledge are insufficient Kazakhstan needs a more comprehensive approach to changing and implementing the National Monitoring, Reporting and Verification system. One of the main components of the Project is to study existing inventory methods and offer the best available methods and best practices for their further application in Kazakhstan's inventory methodologies and systems. The project will aim to implement a modern MRV system and include adaptation measures in the NDC. It is planned to develop a roadmap for implementation of commitments, which specifies the main directions of national activities for adaptation and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, and which will become a technical guide for the government of Kazakhstan to achieve the goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and measures for adaptation. In order to continue the UNDP’s policy to ensure that countries are aware of vulnerability to climate issues, the importance of Climate Change Adaptation and mitigation, also to increase attention to issues related to climate change, a series of sessions, workshops and seminars on topics related to climate change will be organized.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesObjective: The focus of the assignment is to create conditions for the application of new versions of ISO standards for the purpose of harmonizing the national MRV system and training national personnel for better understanding and application of the requirements of international ISO standards. Scope of work: The following analogue versions of national ISO standards have been approved in the Republic of Kazakhstan and have entered into force since July 1, 2020:
- QR ST ISO 14064-1:2019 Greenhouse gases. Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals (ISO 14064-1:2018);
- QR ST ISO 14064-2:2019 Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, Monitoring and Reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements (ISO 14064-2:2019);
- QR ST ISO 14064-2:2019 Specification with guidance for the verification and validation of greenhouse gas statements (ISO 14064-3:2019).
- for ISO 14064-1:2018 – 3 (three) years from the date of publication (date of publication-December 2018); i.e. until December 31, 2021;
- for ISO 14064-2: 2019 – 3 (three) years from the date of publication (date of publication – April 2019), i.e. until April 30, 2022;
- for ISO 14064-3:2019 – 4 (four) years from the date of publication (date of publication – April 2019), i.e. until April 30, 2023.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation
- Higher Environmental / Chemical / Technical or related education
- At least 3 years of experience in conducting trainings in accordance with ISO standards;
- Experience in accreditation bodies as an assessor:
- Experience in the CASCO Technical Committee for the development of ISO standards in the field of greenhouse gas management:
- Proven experience in working with international or local organizations on similar assignments. Successful experience in working with UN agencies is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills and experience in conducting presentations with a variety of stakeholders;
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, Power Point, and Web navigation;
- Full proficiency in English, knowledge of Kazakh or Russian is an asset
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability and Financial Proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per UNDP template provided (https://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=68025);
- Detailed personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number);
- Brief Description of Approach to Work.
- Copies of higher education diplomas and other relevant documents.