This vacancy notice aims at identifying experts with an in-depth knowledge in the development of monitoring and evaluation systems. The successful applicant will be included in the POiN roster, with the possibility of being contacted in case of an assignment, for which he/she possesses relevant qualifications. Inclusion into the roster does not carry any commitment by the OSCE to exercise the services of selected expert. The Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC) is an independent, non-political and non-for-profit international organization with regional mandate to assist the Central Asian (CA) governments, regional and international stakeholders in addressing environmental and sustainability challenges across Central Asian region and Afghanistan. By promoting dialogue and collaboration among all environmental stakeholders, CAREC has today become a leading regional knowledge hub in environment and sustainable development recognized by national, regional and international partners. In March 24, 2020, during its consecutive meeting of the Board of Governors (BoG) of CAREC a number of documents were reviewed, that includes 2020 Annual Plan of non-project related activities, CAREC Development Strategy for 2025 and a draft Concept on interaction with civil society organizations (CSOs) of Central Asia. These documents are expected to serve as the guiding documents for the daily performance of CAREC and planning future activities and areas of engagement. While serving as general guiding references, these documents do not provide specific focus for systematic evaluation of the overall impact of CAREC’s work. In order to systematically measure the impact of CAREC’s work, as well as increase the quality and effectiveness of its projects and activities, CAREC needs to establish a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system based on the Result Based Management principles. In this regard, the OSCE Office in Nur-Sultan (Office) seeks a qualified expert to establish the M&E system. Tasks and Responsibilities Under the overall guidance of Executive Director and in close cooperation with Programme Managers of CAREC, the Expert/Consultant will be responsible for:Apply Now
- Development of the organization’s Theory of Change (ToC)/Programme Strategy that would present a hierarchy of short- mid- and long-term results/outcomes contributing to overall Objective/mission of the organization, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) at appropriate outcome levels, performance targets, primary risks and assumptions;
- Development and introduction of a customized M&E system that will follow the result-based management methodology; capitalize already existing effective monitoring and evaluation elements; consider available human and capital resources dedicated to M&E and potential investments; and support effective planning, monitoring of implementation and evaluation of CAREC programmes and projects across the five CA country offices.
- University Degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in economics, management, public administration or a relevant field;
- Minimum of five years of experience in developing and managing monitoring and evaluation systems for international or regional organizations;
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E systems of MDBs, in particular the World Bank, and other international and donor organizations
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods;
- Experience in designing and conducting trainings in M&E.
- Experience in the management of climate change, natural resources, economics and/or environmental projects in an international or regional organization is desirable;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Russian and/or another regional language is an advantage;
- Computer skills: MS office, MS Word, MS Excel, Power point, Internet, e-mail.