Project: STRENGTHENING BORDER MANAGEMENT CAPACITIES IN ARMENIA The project aims to strengthen border management capacities of the Government of the Republic of Armenia (henceforth: Armenia) to ensure alignment with international best practices, training and educational standards. The project will mainly consist of a capacity-building initiative in two key areas: i) support development of a national analytical unit, including the elaboration of training curricula and organization of Training of Trainers (ToT) for the Border Guard Troops (BGT) personnel, in line with the international standards and the European Union (EU) Sectoral Qualifications Framework for Border Guarding and taking into consideration related human rights and gender considerations; and ii) support the development of BGT analytical capacities, to collect, process, analyze and share relevant data within BGT, but also with relevant government institutions and international partners. The analytical capacity enhancement within BGT will create solid grounds for the development of national comprehensive Advance Passenger Information (API) and Passenger Name Records (PNR) systems. Expected Duration of the Consultancy: 12 working days during August 2020 – September 2020 (home-based with 1 travel to Armenia) Objective of the consultancy: In coordination with relevant stakeholders in Armenia, identify understanding, vision, main steps, and the main challenges regarding the introduction of the API/ PNR in Armenia. Specific Objectives: The international consultants will:**Apply Now
- Conduct an assessment of the existing legal and institutional framework and identify the main steps, and the main challenges regarding the introduction of API/PNR in Armenia;
- Conduct an awareness-raising workshop on API/PNR for officials from National Security Service, BGT, Civil Aviation Committee, Police and other relevant agencies in Armenia;
- Develop a report highlighting the main gaps and challenges, costs and benefits, and providing recommendations for API/PNR introduction in Armenia.
- Desk review of the legal and institutional framework of Armenia concerning the API/PNR introduction;
- Conduct interviews/consultations with relevant stakeholders to identify vision, main steps, and the main challenges regarding the introduction of the API/ PNR in Armenia;
- Conduct an awareness-raising workshop on API/PNR for stakeholders;
- Provide recommendations for API/PNR introduction in Armenia.