To apply for this consultancy assignment, please check below link to veiw the terms of reference and other documents.Apply Now
- Ability to conduct research and Analysis and strong synthesis skills
- Proven experience conducting field assessments.
- Excellent facilitation and training skills
- Proven ability to deliver quality results against tight deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of environment and waste topics and issues.
- Highly developed inter-personal, negotiation, teamwork skills and a networking aptitude.
- Excellent English drafting and communication skills
- Working experience in research/development/Technical Assistance on Hazardous Waste, and e-waste in specific;
- Knowledge of Basel and Stockholm conventions technical guidelines is desirable;
- Working experience in developing countries is desirable.
- Demonstrate integrity by modelling UN values and ethical standards;
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic in goals of the UNDP and the CPR Unit;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Master’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, Environmental Management, or another related field
- At least 5 years of experience in relevant technical areas (Biodiversity, birds, mainstreaming in energy, Agriculture, hunting);
- Relevant experience with result-based management evaluation methodologies;
- Experience applying SMART indicators and reconstructing or validating baseline scenarios;
- Proven experience in evaluating projects and preparing evaluation reports, with experience in evaluating GEF and/or UNDP projects preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of issues related to gender and biodiversity; experience in gender sensitive evaluation and analysis;
- Proven communication and writing skills;
- Experience with implementing evaluations remotely will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English