World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a Sustainable future for people and the planet: Climate Change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, recent graduates, and other candidates who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually driven candidates who have a passion for sustainability and development. WRI provides many Internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs. WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. NDC Partnership Overview The NDC Partnership is a global coalition of countries and institutions working to mobilize support and achieve ambitious climate goals while enhancing sustainable development. Through our Partnership, members leverage their resources and expertise to provide countries with the tools they need to implement their NDCs and combat climate change to build a better future. Hosted by WRI and the UNFCCC Secretariat, the NDC Partnership has members in all regions of the world, with staff in Washington DC and Bonn, Germany. Internship Summary With the pandemic causing most events to move online, the NDC Partnership has kept many of its activities on target by hosting even more events than usual through Zoom and Microsoft teams. This internship will support the NDC Partnership Support Unit’s Events Manager in day to day tasks connected with our virtual events, such as meetings, workshops, webinars and forums. Learning Outcomes The Intern will gain experience in the following areas:Apply Now
- Supporting day-of virtual event Logistics, troubleshooting technology issues, monitoring Q&A function/chat, advancing slide deck, etc.
- Drafting formal invitations for speakers and attendees
- Creating invitation lists (using the Partnership’s CRM)
- Tracking speaker confirmations, general registration and working with the team on follow-ups
- Support gathering presentations from event speakers and organizing slide decks/videos
- Assist with creating agendas and setting up meetings/webinars through online platforms
- Generating after event reports, download recordings and entering information in M&E framework database
- Other event related duties as assigned
- Applicants should have basic knowledge of event organization/logistics, experience with Zoom and Microsoft Teams is a plus but not required
- Strong writing skills with experience writing formal invitation letters
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Social Media experience a plus
- Applicants must have personal health insurance coverage.
- US work authorization is required for this opportunity. WRI does not sponsor interns for visas.