1. Internship TOPIC: "Research on Technical & Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and other relevant informal/non-institutionalized skill Training Programs for Buddhist Circuit Tourism Development in India." 2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION: The proposed Intern shall carry out the following tasks, but not limited to:Apply Now
- In close communication with the supervisor, develop research methodology and analytic framework;
- Carry out desktop research to map out TVET programs, institutions, and facilities relevant to tourism development, including informal/non-institutionalized skill training programs particularly on tour guides, hospitality services, craft-making (e.g. one-village one-product), culinary, and other skills that are relevant to local job creation and economy improvement through Buddhist circuit tourism development in India;
- Research on policy and any other incentive mechanisms developed in India for tourism-related TVET and other types of skills training programs/providers in India;
- Develop survey questionnaires to gain in-depth understanding the quality, diversity, and other aspects of these existing programs and facilities;
- Identify and reach out these programs providers to conduct surveys;
- Based on survey results, carry out thorough Analysis against the developed analytic framework;
- Research international best practices on TVET and other types of skills training programs/providers worldwide that help tourism development that will lead to local Economic Development and extract determinant factors for success;
- Based on the research and assessment, prepare recommendations for improving TVET and other types of skills training sector for Buddhist circuit tourism development in India;
- Prepare internship report and presentation on research findings; and
- Hold a presentation to ADB staff
- Duration: 8 weeks (with a possibility of extension)
- Timing: January 2021
- Tourism-related TVET and other types of skills training sector Mapping in India.
- Best practices of TVET and other types of skills training programs and providers worldwide for sustainable tourism development.
- Recommendations for India TVET and other types of skills training sector for Buddhist circuit tourism development