Organisational Unit: Protocol, Events and Visits Unit, Registry Duty Station: The Hague - NL Contract Duration: 6 months Deadline for Applications: 31/12/2020 Organisational Context Under the supervision of the Head, Protocol, Events and Visits Unit (PIOS, Registry), the incumbent will be able to participate in the daily activities of the work of the Unit with a special focus on the preparation and organisation of daily group visits to the International Criminal Court as well as the receiving of the general public attending the hearings of the Court. The incumbent will also have the opportunity to assist with the preparation and organisation of (high level) visits to the Court, ad hoc meetings and special events such as ceremonies at the Court, and assist with the calendar of conferences and meetings. She/he will assist in maintaining the documentation distribution system, as well as deal with incoming correspondence. Duties and Responsibilities More specific duties are assisting with the daily tasks of the Unit such as:Apply Now
- Provide support with queries and requests from visitors at the information desk of the public area.
- Assist on receiving and processing applications for general information visits to the ICC.
- Schedule general information visits and welcome groups upon arrival by providing the first introductory presentation.
- In case of special events, conferences or ceremonies, assist the Unit in the preparations and organization; assist in making logistical arrangements including booking conference rooms, requesting IT services, catering, transportation, parking, preparation and distribution of relevant information materials.
- Support with administrative tasks such as informing Security of scheduled visits and names of visitors.
- Welcome visitors in the public area of the Court and, in the occasion of ceremonies, escort them to their seat in accordance with the rules of protocol.
- Maintain records of visits and events and maintain statistics to serve as indicators to measure the impact of these activities.
- Prepare and distribute ICC documentation, assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of stock available and anticipate needs for printing.
- Assist with other duties as required.
- Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills (listens, consults and communicates proactively).
- Good communication skills including confidence in public speaking.
- Has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications).