UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Summary of Key Functions: In compliance with procurement activities of UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies, specifically support in; Functional Competencies: Building Strategic Partnerships Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing Level 1.1: Basic research and Analysis Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures Promoting Organizational Change and Development Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change Design and Implementation of Management Systems Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems Client Orientation Level 1.1: Maintains effective Client Relationships Promoting Accountability and Results-based Management Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information Core Competencies: Education: Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:Apply Now
- be enrolled in a second university degree programme (Master Degree)
- be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor Degree)
- have graduated with a university degree in fields such as economics, finance, business Administration, International Relations, public administration or similar and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- The Internship Programme is governed by the UNDP Internship policy framework & rules.
- Under the new revised UNDP internship policy, UNDP will provide a modest monthly internship stipend to its interns, in accordance with the provisions of the UNDP Internship policy. All expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the Intern.
- Selected Interns must be able to share proof of education enrolment and/ or graduation, medical/ health and life/accident insurance, valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out and be able to provide insurance documentary proof at the time of their selection;
- There is no expectation of employment at the end of these internships.
- Resume (updated)
- Motivation letter setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNRCO
- a letter from his/her university confirming current enrolment and graduation date or proof of recent graduation or enrolment