Organisational Unit: Legal and Enforcement Unit, Presidency Duty Station: The Hague - NL Contract Duration: To be determined Deadline for Applications: 31/12/2020 Required Documents for This Application Please note that you will need to have the following information ready in order to complete your application:Apply Now
- A completed “Duties and Responsibilities Form” (refer to step 1 on your eRecruitment Profile page).
- Motivation letter (maximum of 400 words).
- Two reference letters (one academic).
- Scanned copies of university degrees and/or diplomas.
- Scanned copies of official academic transcripts that state your courses, results and completion date.
- One short essay on a subject relevant to the work of the Court (maximum of 750 words, single spaced, type written).
- Conducting in-depth legal research in administrative, Human Rights and public international law and other relevant areas of law, on both procedural and substantive issues, in support of the Presidency’s decisions on applications for judicial review;
- Providing support in all aspects of the enforcement of sentences and international cooperation;
- Assisting in drafting legal opinions on the interpretation of the Court's legal texts, ASP resolutions, international treaties, etc.;
- Providing support in the preparation and servicing internal meetings and committees;
- Assisting in the preparation of speeches, letters, background papers and reports for the President and the Presidency;
- Performing any other duties as assigned.
- Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills (listens, consults and communicates proactively).
- Very good oral communication and drafting skills.
- Has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications) and research skills (including the use of electronic databases).