Organisational Unit: Legal Office, Registry Duty Station: The Hague - NL Contract Duration: 3 to 6 months Deadline for Applications: 31/12/2020 Required Documents for This Application Please note that you will need to have the following information ready in order to complete your application:Apply Now
- A completed “Duties and Responsibilities Form” (refer to step 1 on your eRecruitment Profile page).
- Motivation letter (maximum of 400 words).
- Two reference letters (one academic).
- Scanned copies of university degrees and/or diplomas.
- Scanned copies of official academic transcripts that state your courses, results and completion date.
- One short essay on a subject relevant to the work of the Court (maximum of 750 words, single spaced, type written).
- Conduct extensive legal research and Analysis;
- Contribute to the preparation and drafting of (complex) legal documents including legal submissions, correspondence, memoranda, opinions and briefs;
- Contributes to providing advice to client sections and assit in providing advice to the Registrar and other senior officials of the Court;
- Assist in negotiating agreements with a variety of parties within the Court;
- Prepare summaries and updates of legal and factual issues;
- Monitor judicial proceedings, provide advice on decisions and prepare summaries and digests for various purposes of the Registry;
- Provide support in developing the operational framework for delivery of legal services including establishing and managing work flows, work processes, SOPs, systems and databases and central repositories of legal opinions and research, agreements, contracts and MoUs;
- perform other or additional duties as assigned.