Posting Title: INTERN - ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS, I (Temporary Job Opening) Job Code Title: INTERN - ENVIRONMENT AFFAIRS Department/Office: United Nations Environment Programme Duty Station: NEW YORK Posting Period: 12 March 2019 - 30 December 2019 Job Opening Number: 19-Environmental Affairs-UNEP-113272-J-New York (O) United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity Organisational Setting and Reporting The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UN Environment is the United Nations system's designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. The internship is for a period of six (6) months. It is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days (35-40 hours) per week under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Information Officer, New York Office, the intern will:Apply Now
- Attend and summarize key discussions on meetings at UN Headquarters, including meetings organized by the UN General Assembly, the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Security Council and UN missions in New York
- Research and summarize key developments related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and UN system reform, including coverage of discussions in relevant inter-governmental and UN inter-agency fora.
- Assist the work of the UN Environment New York office to support Member States in intergovernmental negotiations related to the environment
- Assist with logistics and organization of UN Environment events and side events for the UN General Assembly, follow up on Agenda 2030 and other environment related events at UN Headquarters in New York.
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in using, and Explain why you are the best candidate for the internship and what you hope to gain from the internship.