Posting Title: INTERN - ECONOMIC AFFAIRS (multiple positions), I (Temporary Job Opening) Job Code Title: INTERN - ECONOMIC AFFAIRS Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa Duty Station: KIGALI Posting Period: 16 April 2019 - 30 December 2019 Job Opening Number: 19-Economic Affairs-ECA-112823-J-Kigali (A) United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity Organisational Setting and Reporting These positions are located in the Sub-regional Office for Eastern Africa (SRO-EA) of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) in Kigali, Rwanda. For more information on the ECA and its work, please visit our website: www.uneca.org. These internships are for a period of three months (3), with an opportunity for extension up to a maximum of six months, depending on the needs of the Section. The internship is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Chief of the Sub-Regional Data Centre (P5) and/or the Cluster Lead, Sub-Regional Initiatives (P4), and in close collaboration with professional staff of the cluster, and depending on their level of experience and training, the intern at the Sub-regional Office for Eastern Africa will be responsible for the following duties:Apply Now
- Produces analytical, quantitative and qualitative elements required for the elaboration of documents and reports;
- Researches and analyzes topics relating to sustainable economic development in Eastern Africa;
- Drafts and edits publications, papers and other documents;
- Liaises with SRO-EA stakeholders on key development topics for Africa;
- Supports organization of meetings and events
- Assists with outreach activities;
- Participates in day-to-day operational tasks of the Division. This may include servicing requests for information; support for developing presentations; liaison with partner organizations;
- Performs administrative tasks as assigned.
- Performs any other tasks as assigned.
- Degree programme (what are you currently studying?);
- Graduation date (when will you or when did you graduate from the programme?); -any
- List the IT skills or software applications that you are proficient in;
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this internship;
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.