ITU is the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technologies, with the mission to connect the world. To achieve this, ITU manages the radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits at the international level, works to improve communication infrastructure in the developing world, and establishes global standards that foster seamless interconnection of a vast range of Communication Systems. ITU also organizes global Telecom events bringing together the most influential representatives of government and the private sector to exchange ideas and knowledge for the benefit of all.
The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and Coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector (ITU-D) of the Union which deals mainly with ICT-focused development policies, strategies and programmes, as well as technical cooperation activities, to promote digital inclusion and drive Digital Transformation at community, country and regional levels. To effectively and efficiently serve the needs of ITU members, BDT is organized into four functional areas:
- Office of the Deputy to the Director and Field Operations Coordination Department
- Partnerships for Digital Development Department
- Digital Networks & Society Department
- Digital Knowledge Hub Department
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of the Internship Under the supervision of the Head of the Communications and Promotion Service, the Intern will:
- Develop content for the website.
- Produce, review and edit interesting stories for web publication.
- Support the organization and promotion of virtual meetings.
- Contribute and ensure the visibility of virtual events, digital campaigns and key activities on the development thematic priorities of ITU (drafting articles, podcasts, scripts).
- Support with the management and production of multimedia content.
- Assist with other related tasks as needed.
- Knowledge of social media/marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
University degree in journalism, communications, web creation or public relations.
No work experience required.
Knowledge of one of the UN six official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish).
Please note that a non-remunerated Internship Position at ITU does not carry the same conditions of employment as a Short-term or a Fixed-term position.
The Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) is responsible for the organization and coordination of the work of the Telecommunication Development Sector of the Union which deals mainly with development policies, strategies, programming, as well as technical cooperation activities. The internship provides practical educational experience and an opportunity to work in a multicultural, intergovernmental organization. Under supervision, interns are assigned projects and tasks that are relevant to their educational background and interests and provide them with the opportunity to apply and further develop their knowledge and experience. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for written test. Interviews may be used as a form of screening. For further information concerning the Conditions of Employment please click the following linkApplicants will be contacted only if they are under serious considerationInternships