UNDP Turkey works for Inclusive and Sustainable Growth, Inclusive and Democratic Governance and Climate Change and Environment. For more than 50 years the UNDP has worked in close partnership with the Turkish Government and numerous national and international institutions, including NGOs, academics and the business community.
UNDP supports Turkey’s ambitious reform agenda where EU accession figures prominently.
UNDP Turkey aims to find practical solutions to Turkey’s development challenges and manages projects together with the Turkish Government and other partners to address them. Since 1986 it has implemented over 80 programs across the country. In addition, the UNDP has played a major role in response to crises and disasters in Turkey and the surrounding region.
UNDP Turkey Communications Team works closely with project teams to increase visibility, encourage positive public opinion and create multi-media projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
The purpose of this Internship is to provide an opportunity for graduate level degree students, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work. Selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Proof reading and translation
• Social media management tasks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
• Support in conducting Researches and collecting data as requested.
• Assisting with the daily office duties and tasks
• Other tasks of similar nature upon request
• Mailing list Administration (adding new contacts and maintaining tags)
Good planning, Coordination skills;
Attention to critical details;
Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
Good communication skills;
Cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
Required Skills and Experience
Applicants to the UNDP Internship Programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Remuneration and Insurance
A stipend will be provided to the Intern starting from 01 January 2020.( 1,219.87 TRY Monthly)
All substance, travel and accommodation costs must be borne by the intern.
In accordance with the relevant UN policies, the UN will not provide interns with any medical coverage.
The intern must be covered by an adequate medical and life insurance during the duration of his/her internship.
The incumbent of the position should strictly avoid
- any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour including gender-based discrimination
- any kind form of sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse
The incumbent of the position should ensure that
- Human Rights and Gender Equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender is respected within all implementations including data production;
- differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- necessary arrangements to provide Gender Parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced;
- zero tolerance principle to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse is prioritized.
UNDP prioritizes gender equality and women's empowerment approach in all its actions, workplace relations and implementations as well as gender parity in representation to create a workplace which is equally inclusive of women, men and persons with other gender identities. Temporary special measures will be instituted to ensure appointment of personnel of under-represented genders at grades and in roles where they are under-represented
Qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply.UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.