Organisational Unit: Chambers, Judiciary Duty Station: The Hague - NL Contract Duration: 3 to 6 months Deadline for Applications: 31/12/2020 Required Documents for This Application Please note that you will need to have the following information ready in order to complete your application:Apply Now
- A completed “Duties and Responsibilities Form” (refer to step 1 on your eRecruitment Profile page).
- Motivation letter (maximum of 400 words).
- Two reference letters (one academic).
- Scanned copies of university degrees and/or diplomas.
- Scanned copies of official academic transcripts that state your courses, results and completion date.
- One short essay or a writing sample on a subject relevant to the work of the Court (maximum of 750 words, single spaced, type written).
- Conduct in-depth legal research and analysis of questions of international Criminal Law, public international law, international Humanitarian Law, Human Rights law as well as relevant international and national legal materials for reference and background
- Provision of legal advice on the interpretation and application of the Court’s documents
- Summary of evidence material; preparation of summaries of submissions and decisions
- Preparation of legal memoranda, observations of Court proceedings
- Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills (listens, consults and communicates proactively).
- Very good oral communication and drafting skills.
- Has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications) and research skills (including the use of electronic databases).