Org. Setting and Reporting The mandate of the UN Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UNESCWA) is to promote regional cooperation for inclusive economic and social development among its member States. This intern position is located in the Programme Quality Unit of the Programme Planning and Technical Cooperation Section (PPTCS). Amongst other tasks, the Programme Quality Unit assists the Divisions to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of activities with the aim to improve the overall performance of UNESCWA. The intern will report to the Chief of the Unit. The duration of an ESCWA internship is normally two months on a full time basis - this may be exceptionally extended for a maximum period of six months. It is awarded on the recommendation of the Director of the respective Division. Interns are not paid and are responsible for all expenses related to the internship. ESCWA accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during an internship. Therefore, upon awarding an internship, candidates will be required to sign a statement confirming their understanding and acceptance of the conditions of service. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned. Responsibilities The intern will undertake the following assignments during the period of his/her internship:Apply Now
- Carry out research, analysis and drafting of documents, and present data and information to support implementation of activities, including the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Contribute to the development of monitoring tools.
- Organize, consolidate and analyse data and information derived from quality assurance processes and tools (e.g. quality reviews, monitoring reports) using appropriate statistical methods and/or applications.
- Contribute to the design and development of training for staff in assessment tools and participate in the implementation of training activities of the Unit.
- Attend meetings (i.e. Publications Committee, expert group meetings) and supports in note-taking.
- Assist in other ad-hoc activities as instructed.