World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. We are working to address critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade in order to secure a Sustainable future for people and the planet: Climate Change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean.
Internships at WRI are learning experiences designed for current students, who wish to gain knowledge about a specific area of our work. We strive to attract diverse, intellectually-driven candidates who has enthusiasm for sustainability and development. WRI provides many Internship opportunities throughout the year in all our programs.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this
Provide outreach support (50%)
- Assist with speeches, PowerPoint presentations, and blog drafts
- Research on topics related to WRI’s programs (Food, Climate, Forests, Sustainable Cities, Energy, Water)
- Other assignments as needed in raising WRI's profile with European governments and agencies, including EU institutions, and other Civil Society Organizations
Provide Operational Support (50%)
- Assist with meetings management and other external communication tasks
- Lead logistical preparations for conferences, workshops and visits of high level WRI staff to the WRI Europe office, including organizing meetings and travel
- Coordinate closely with international office staff to strengthen links between WRI Europe and other WRI international offices. These efforts also entail generating inputs for internal WRI communications
- Other administrative tasks as required
You are currently a student following a Degree (Master’s degree preferred)in an area related to environment and Sustainable Development and are looking to learn more about the work at WRI. You are flexible, enthusiastic about our work and available 32-40 hours a week for this opportunity.
Students need to be registered at a college or university for the full duration of the internship.
This internship offers a reimbursement of 300 euros per month.
This internship is full time for six- months starting in September 2020.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered. Deadline for applications 19th June 2020
The World Resources Institute (http://www.wri.org) is an environmental and Development Research and policy organization that creates solutions to protect the Earth and improve people’s lives. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is WRI’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, protected veteran status, or disability. WRI’s global agenda requires a staff that is diverse – with respect to race, gender, cultural, and international background. Diverse perspectives and experience enhance the way WRI selects and approaches issues, as well as the creativity and applicability of WRI's policy research and Analysis.