Infrastructure and Energy Department Administrative Support Consultant Background of this search: The Infrastructure and Energy Department (INE/INE) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide support to the INE Manager Assistant and the Management Team. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have demonstrated capacity to work in teams, be able to develop creative approaches to everyday administrative challenges, and have the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on details and a positive attitude, be pro-active and able to act independently but also possess the judgement required to know when to consult, would need to be diplomatic and engaged, and well organized. The team’s mission: Established in 1959, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is the main source of financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. It provides loans, grants, guarantees, policy advice and technical assistance to the public and private sectors of its borrowing countries. The Infrastructure and Energy Sector (INE) conceptualizes, prepares, supports the execution and supervises the IDB’s operations related to energy, transport, and water and sanitation. Its functions include preparing the Bank sector policies, strategies, operational guidelines and programs in infrastructure and environment; conducting relevant research and analytical work, best practices and case studies on this area; and providing specialized Technical Support in borrowing member countries. The sector works with the country departments to design and execute country and regional financial and non-financial programs and projects and evaluates the development results of such interventions. It also performs quality enhancement functions for social development projects and programs, to include guiding, designing and preparing Bank products’ execution, and Analysis and mitigation of risks. INE includes the Energy Division, the Transport Division, the Water and Sanitation Division, and the Extractives Sector Initiative. What you’ll do: The selected candidate will perform activities such as:Apply Now
- In coordination with the Manager assistant prepare and update the Manager’s agenda, include all relevant and necessary material, and ensure the participation of required attendees in meetings with the Manager.
- Coordinates with project team the agenda, compiles briefings, talking points, presentations, and relevant information as needed, for manager official missions.
- Makes travel arrangements and fills out related expenses reports for the INE Manager and advisors.
- Support processes and coordinates meetings with internal/external clients and stakeholders and coordinates agendas and information required for successful meetings.
- Coordinates logistics for meetings and seminars, and the administrative activities such as requesting conference rooms, catering, video conferences, special equipment, travel authorizations, statements of expenses, including reporting on P-card INE front office expenses.
- Follows up on pending assignments and requests throughout INE proper circulation of documents and corresponding concurrences/authorizations, like SISCOR and Secretariat systems (D2S).
- Edits and formats documentation and e-mails, proofreads internal documents, reports and PowerPoint presentations, and collaborates on translating INE communications to Spanish or English.
- Organizes electronic and physical files for easy access.
- Contributes to improve cross-departmental collaboration and communication and delivers all INE activities with the highest standard of ethics, integrity and transparency.
- Works independently.
- Demonstrates professionalism when interacting with clients and colleagues, responding to requests promptly and resourcefully to deliver high-quality service.
- Determines work priorities and selects most appropriate methods to carry them out.
- Excellent organizational and project assistance skills, web savvy especially in the use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams and Microsoft Outlook. Ability to handle multiple tasks and confidential information with utmost discretion is a must.