Do you have experience delivering Business Technology Services and solutions in multicultural environments? This is your opportunity to contribute to the improvement of the lives of millions. Apply and join our team in Washington D.C.!Background:We are looking for a professional with validated expertise in the delivery of business technology services and solutions with partner departments such as the the Vice-Presidency for Finance and Administration, the Office Risk Management, and IDB Invest. You will have the overall responsibility of serving as the strategic interface for business technology delivery, solution discovery, IT service delivery, and relationship management.Our Team:The team acts as liaison between the Information Technology Department and the Management in one or more of the departments in the group’s portfolio; providing Advisory Services, project management, and advocating technology adoption to improve business processes. You will work under the supervision of the IT Business Partner Group Head. What you will do:
- Act as trusted Advisor for business process improvements in various Business Units in your portfolio, acting as liaison with ITE and external vendors in the delivery of IT solutions and services.
- Develop and implement sound recommendations towards the adoption and/or optimal use of existing IT Tools, Services and vendors that support operational and corporate processes, reducing possible gaps and overlaps.
- Provide domain expertise in the development of business cases and project proposals, facilitating the prioritization of demands coming from the departments in the portfolio.
- Identify solutions and improvements aimed to maximize positive impacts on corporate business processes that enable the Bank’s development mandates.
- Facilitate and lead the delivery of solutions on time and within scope and budget and according agreed IT standards.
- Identify leading practices that can be replicated.
- Proactively identify, manage and resolve coordination challenges with business units and other ITE functions.
- Collaborate with the Project Management Office on the intake process and prioritization of potential projects across the Bank.
- Apply sound project management practices in the implementation of agreed-upon solutions for Business Units.
- Survey existing and evolving market offerings to identify the application of such offerings in support of new business practices, automation of existing processes, and improving evidence-based decision making.
- Provide advice/expertise in change management and offer innovative solutions.
- Provide technical guidance, mentor and/or coach others.
Skills you will need:
You must have good interpersonal skills to work in a strong team both within ITE and with outside clients/partners of the IDB group. In addition, you have the following skills/abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proven project management skills with experience in both waterfall and agile methods.
- Good communication skills and the ability to break-down complex concepts for different audiences.
- Critical thinking and good judgment.
- Business Analysis skills and documentation standards for business process flows and IT system interactions.
- Ability to facilitate large and small groups in several contexts such as eliciting requirements, prioritization of demands, and the provision of project status reports.
- Ability to quickly develop business and IT acumen on a wide range of subjects.
Opportunity Summary:Type of Contract: Full-time StaffLength of contract: 3 yearsStarting Date: August 1st, 2020Location: Washington, DC.Requirements: Candidates must be citizens of one of the IDB’s 48-member countries and have no family members currently working at the bank. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.The IDB offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity on the basis of gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.Additional Information