UNDP is the knowledge frontier organization for sustainable development in the UN Development System and serves as the integrator for Collective Action to realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). UNDP's policy work carried out at HQ, Regional and Country Office levels, forms a contiguous spectrum of deep local knowledge to cutting-edge global perspectives and advocacy. In this context, UNDP invests in the Global Policy Network (GPN), a network of field-based and global technical expertise across a wide range of knowledge domains and in support of the signature solutions and organizational capabilities envisioned in the Strategic Plan.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s Global Development network, working in over 170 countries and territories. In Saudi Arabia, UNDP is committed to helping the country through strengthened national and local capacities to carry out political, economic and social reforms and development. UNDP annually spends nearly USD 30 million in BIH through its four key focus areas: Justice and Security, Social Inclusion and Democratic Governance, Rural and Regional Development, and Energy and Environment. Additionally, UNDP is the custodian of the Resident Coordinator system, thereby collaborating closely with other UN Agencies. The Intention of UNDP Saudi Arabia in Riyadh is to hire one or more consultant(s) as (IC) Individual Contractor under Individual Contract as Framework Agreement) for one (1) year, which may be renewed for an additional two (2) years based on:
- Satisfactory evaluation of performance, which will be conducted through an internal survey and performance assessment;
- Needs/Requirements of services;
- Availability of funding;
Retention of the same rates as agreed with the UNDP during the Contract validity, except when the rates will be reduced without a reduction in the scope and quality of services;
Duties and Responsibilities
I.Objective of assignment:
The overall objective for the consultants to provide high quality graphic Design services to support UNDP Saudi Arabia to establish a strong partnership with its donor by meeting their specific visibility and communication requirements through better designs and quality products. Also, to contribute to UNDP’s effort to have better quality designs for all its visibility and communication materials.
The graphic designers are expected to deliver quality designs for various UNDP assignments completed in line with UNDP and Partners branding requirements and within specified deadlines.
UNDP Saudi Arabia is looking for experienced graphic designers to work with the UNDP Saudi Arabic Communications Unit and provide a wide range of Graphic Design services for print and online purposes, based on the content and guidance provided by the Communications Unit. All publications are primarily advocacy materials aimed at various target audiences. The contractor is expected to work on a variety of products ranging from reports, brochures, factsheets, major publications, posters and other graphics on several areas. UNDP seeks graphic designers who can represent the work we do through compelling visuals in English and Arabic.
UNDP aims to establish a strong partnership with its donor by meeting their specific visibility and communication requirements through better designs and quality products. Also, to contribute to UNDP’s effort to have better quality designs for all its visibility and communication materials.
The graphic Designer is expected to deliver quality designs for various UNDP assignments completed in line with UNDP and Partners branding requirements and within specified deadlines. The Graphic Designer will produce products based on the content and guidance provided by the communication unit for each assignment ensuring effective conveyance of the textual content to target audiences while in full compliance with UNDP branding and style guide.
II.Tasks and Responsibilities:
The scope of work will vary depending on the individual assignments but would include one or various of the below tasks:
- Implement the graphic guidelines in all DRC’s communication products;
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and Design and layout of reports and other products
- Design of reports and other communication materials for printing and electronic distribution;
- Improve and edit artwork, photos, charts and other graphic elements;
- Layout and design information and communication materials (t-shirts, banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Create different illustrative materials such as animation, presentations and design of the packaging
- Custom photo editing
- Graphic design for all types of communication materials
- Layout design and typesetting for printed and electronic publications;
- Video graphics and animation design;
- Develop a strengthened brand identity;
- Improve the quality of publications and their visual characteristics;
- Develop all sorts of graphic designs suitable for online and print use;
- Propose modern visuals and innovative visual communication approaches through the close monitoring of the latest graphic design trends.
All information and production of video pertaining to the assignments, as well as, outputs produced under this contract shall remain the property of the UNDP who shall have exclusive rights over their use. The products shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever format without written permission of UNDP in line with the national and International Copyright Laws.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, by modelling the UN/UNDP’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to translate technical information in creative products;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
c. Client Orientation and Communication:
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and networking skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from a wide range of disciplines and fields, from both developed and developing countries, and having diverse and competing for worldviews and interests.
d. Language Requirements:
Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) is essential
Required Skills and Experience
a. Academic Qualification
University degree in Industrial Art, Graphic Design or Diploma on completion of a professional training course on professional graphic design.
b. Professional Experience:
- A minimum of three years of experience working as a graphic designer in a multicultural, international environment; Working experience in development or humanitarian environment is desirable;
- Experience in producing designs for the United Nations, Governments or International Non-Profit Organizations or advocacy campaigns will be an advantage;
- Strong theoretical and practical background in graphic design, including the use of different types design software packages;
- Show a clear and mature style of design, demonstrating an understanding of the communication requirements of different or International Non-Profit Organizations;
- Proven experience of graphic production from start to published/printed product with knowledge of printing processes and color management;
- Good understanding of new and evolving technologies and digital platforms;
- Knowledge of standard software packages;
- Strong graphic design skills, including the mastery of all standard design software, included in the Adobe Creative Suite;
- Good command of an animation editing software
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.