The UN Resident Coordinator’s Office supports Saudi Arabia and the UN in Saudi Arabia to work together to towards the achievement of Vision 2030 and Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. The UN in Saudi Arabia has made progress on new areas of partnership in the Kingdom however, as we begin preparations for a new SDG Cooperation Framework which will start in 2022, we are exploring modalities to accelerate progress and ensure sustainable and enduring partnerships which are fundamental for success. Three key areas for strengthened engagement have been identified; private sector, civil society and academia, and innovative financing. Each area will require focused engagement to establish a strong foundation on which future partnerships can be built. This consultancy will focus on support to strategic engagement with civil society and academia, Mapping potential partnerships and setting the groundwork for establishing a stronger overall engagement with civil society and academia on Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals. Summery of the consultancy Reporting to the UN RCO in the KSA and supporting the Chair of the Partnerships Working Group, the consultant will, over a 6 months period, prepare a mapping of potential civil society and academic partnerships and prepare an engagement plan, support the work of the PWG, and support the establishment of the ECOSOC Network.Apply Now
Duties and Responsibilities- Undertake research and prepare a mapping of Civil Society Organizations and academic institutions for potential partnerships for SDGs with recommendations for prioritization. - Develop, in consultation with the Partnership Working Group, a roll-out plan for engagement with civil society and academia for SDGs - In support of the UNRC and the UNCT, undertake engagement activities with identified civil society and academia including pitching the UN SDGs. - Support the UNRCO is setting up the ECOSOC Network - Support Coordination and engagement with the Partnership Working Group and building strategic partnerships
Competencies- Ability to build effective partnerships - Relevant experience from working in or with civil society and/or academia - Solid understanding of the Agenda 203 and the Sustainable Development Goals - Sound understanding of the civil society and/or academia landscape in KSA - Excellent networking and interpersonal skills and ability to promote the SDGs effectively in events and meetings - Strong written and verbal communication skills, including full proficiency in Arabic and English - Experience in Social Sustainability, or international development is strongly desired. - Proven ability to deliver presentations to Senior Leadership and high-level partners Core Values: - Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviours; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization's interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior. - Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations. - Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making; examines own biases and behaviours to avoid stereotypical responses; and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business or public Administration, sustainable development, social sciences, education or related area. A first level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of four years of experience in partnership management including managing and supporting multi-stakeholder initiatives.
- Experience in working in an organization with multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in English is required, as the report is in English.
- Fluency in Arabic is highly preferred, as reference documents may not always be available in English
- Personal History Form-P11 (CV is optional) indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Duly accomplished Offeror’s Letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) assignment and an all inclusive daily-fees for actual working days which include the breakdown of costs (template provided as per attached file)
- One page Technical Proposal on contract methodology and implementation (Optional but prefered)