The UN’s Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) is responsible for defining the strategic direction for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to the UN Secretariat. It provides oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat’s overall ICT strategy.
The Innovations and Solutions team at New Delhi engaged with the development of various types of digital learning content. This program caters to all learners in school or out-of-school across school continuum (Primary to Secondary), Aanganwadi workers and facilitators, teachers, teacher educators, administrators, parents and community members in 17 states of India.
We are looking for an Instructional Designer who is motivated to comprehend, conceptualize and create visual stories from different types of available content, available through various domains.
The Instructional Designer will work with a team of highly motivated software developers and bridge the gap between subject matter experts and technical development, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the final product looks as well as how it impacts.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Head - Innovations and Solutions; the Instructional Designer will liaise with the Team Coordinator for day to day work and be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing the Course Outline as per the learning objectives and developing training material meeting the same
- Researching, analyzing, designing, developing, customizing instructional materials
- Working with different types of input material to create Instructional Content
- Applying various Instructional Strategies, Models and Theories to Content
- Visualizing Graphics and develop innovative ideas for e-Learning resources.
- Use appropriate writing styles to make content easy to understand for the target audience.
- Discuss ideas for images, graphics and animations with team members before specifying them for development.
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts from other teams/departments/agencies on production, schedules and deliveries.
- Produce well written audio and video scripts to produce high quality course assets.
- Communicate effectively with the development team.
- Maintain project documentation and course folders during the project lifecycle.
- Ensures data security and integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professionalism: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong analytical, research, reporting and writing abilities. Strong organizational and process management competencies. Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources. Ability to produce a variety of written media products in a clear, concise, journalistic style. Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities, and remains calm in stressful situations. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; colicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; builds consensus for task purpose and direction with team members; supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Required Skills and Experience
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in Computer Science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Having formal qualification (diploma/degree) in instructional designing and technical writing would be an advantage
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, designing and development of Instructional Designing field. Having experience with technical writing would be an advantage.
English and Hindi
Technical Evaluation Criteria:
The award of the contract shall be made to the Individual Consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as response and having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
- Technical Criteria weight - 70%.
- Financial Criteria weight - 30%.
- Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the financial evaluation.
Criteria for Technical Evaluation:
- Qualification – 10 marks;
- Relevant Work Experience – 60 marks;
Documents to be submitted by Consultants:
Updated CV with contact details of 3 references;
Financial Proposal indicating all-inclusive per day consultancy rate. Prior approved travel expenses, if any, will be reimbursed as per actuals in line with UNDP rules.
As system allows uploading only one file, please merge above-mentioned documents to be submitted as part of application into one (1) single PDF document and upload.
The following documents can be accessed by clicking the link:
Offerors Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) Assignment, including Financial Proposal template
For queries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that all the documents to be uploaded should be combined in a single PDF file before uploading as the system has
provision of uploading only one document
UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. All selections are on merit.UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.