In adapting to the growing complexity of the 21st century, the United Nations need to respond dynamically to ensure it remains instrumental in supporting the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and targets for the 2030 agenda. Technological innovation and the role of partnerships across sectors have become increasingly important to accelerate progress in addressing the problems that humanity face. In close partnership with the Government of Haryana, India, the UN is establishing and operationalizing the United Nations Technology Innovation Lab (UNTIL) located in Hartron Multi Skill Development Centre at Gurugram, Haryana, India. The priority focus of the UNTIL Lab will be establishing partnerships with UN Funds and Programmes as well as Governments, Academia, NGOs and Private Sector leveraging technology to address SDGs challenges in the areas of Good Health and Wellbeing, Quality Education, Gender Equality, and Sustainable Cities and Communities. This position is located in UNTIL and will report to the lab manager.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesWithin delegated authority, and in close cooperation with the UNTIL Lab Manager, the Moodle/Totara Developer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Designing and building enterprise-level learning management systems
- Perform design, configure, customize and implement responsive and effective LMS systems
- Implement multi-tenancy scalable LMS architecture
- Installation and configuration Moodle / Totara systems
- Working with Moodle installations based on MySQL and Postgresql as well
- Implementing custom bespoke dashboards
- Preparing custom plugins like local plugins, blocks, reports etc.
- Integrating Moodle / Totara with external systems like Auth0, Microsoft Azure, Liveperson, LinkedIn, Google API and others
- Implementing SSO solutions (NTLM, SAML) connecting with Moodle / Totara
- Preparing custom API solutions for external systems
- Implementing custom enrollment methods
- Working with Moodle / Totara themes
- Installing Totara Social
- Integrating Totara Social with Totara (SSO)
- Ensures data security and integrity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professionalism: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Strong analytical, research, reporting and writing abilities. Strong organizational and process management competencies. Ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources. Ability to produce a variety of written media products in a clear, concise, journalistic style. Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities, and remains calm in stressful situations. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Required Skills and ExperienceQualifications: Education: University in computer science, information systems or related field. A Certificate/Diploma in computer applications development in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the university degree. Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area. Moodle and core PHP experience is a must. Language: This position requires fluency in English; Knowledge of Hindi, Gujrati language is an advantage. Technical Evaluation Criteria: Shortlisting would be done based on the following criteria.
- Educational Qualification: 30 marks;
- Relevant Experience: 70 marks;