The Government of Uttarakhand has to reduce poverty by building strong institutions of the poor particularly the women under the DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission) the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. The current Technical Support project to the Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand is conceived to provide Sustainable Livelihood Approach with a focus on securing adequate and decent livelihoods that contribute to the wellbeing of people not only through income generation but also by creating strong coping mechanisms that mitigate the vulnerabilities that the poor face. The programme consists of a comprehensive set of capacity building initiatives to strengthen the community institutions, coupled with a range of support services to ensure the viability of the economic activities undertaken by the Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations to include access to credit and financial services, business incubation and productivity enhancement services, business and financial management skills, livelihood or enterprise support, market linkage, etc. The state governments are mandated to set up dedicated Mission Management Units at the state, district and village/community level for the effective implementation of the NRLM scheme. Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme (SVEP), the sub-scheme under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) has the objective of helping rural households including women to set-up enterprises. The scheme was approved in 2015-16 and the enterprise formation started in 2017-18. As on 30th November 2018, a total of 30,352 enterprises were formed across 20 States where the scheme is operational. Skill building support is provided to all the entrepreneurs supported under Start-up Village Entrepreneurship Programme through Community Resource Persons for Enterprise Promotion (CRP-EP). In order to operationalize the SVEP Project in Uttarakhand, UNDP is supporting Uttarakhand State Rural Livelihood mission by providing trained human resource and currently in the process of recruiting Block Program Manager -SVEP to support the nodal agency (State Government) in effective implementation of the Programme. The BPM would be placed with the CEO /COO State Rural Livelihoods Mission in the block/district. The BPM will work under the guidance of the CEO/COO SRLM who will provide overall project implementationApply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesSummary of Key Functions: The key results have an impact on the success of country programme within specific areas of cooperation. In particular, on poor and marginalized sections of the community and help in reducing poverty.
- Undertake the implementation of project activities under the SVEP at the block level
- Create various data sets of enterprise and entrepreneurs the block including the baseline survey of existing enterprises; ensure that this data updated at regular intervals
- Ensure provision of Business Support Services to the entrepreneurs the block
- Ensure that Enterprises has the required technical information (information about schemes etc) for the services that need to rendered
- Assist preparing the necessary content for training and capacity building of variousstakeholders
- Ensure that financial requirements of enterprises are met
- Coordinate amongst CBOs and project staff for effective implementation
- Assist identification and selection of Community Cadre
- Support the CBOs operationalizing the various activities under the programme and building their capacities take over all the programme elements at the end of the projectperiod
- Identify new business opportunities and markets for setting upenterprises
- Ensure regular monitoring and reporting entrepreneurship development activities theblock
- Ensure that both the quantitative and qualitative targets are
- Ensure MIS and monitoring reports are submitted as per the definedtimelines.
- Provide handholding and business management support to the clusters /incubated enterprises being supported theblock
- Any other task given by supervisor and CEO, USRLM
CompetenciesFunctional Competencies: Knowledge Management and Learning
- Should have exposure to social mobilization processes. tools andtechniques.
- Excellent analytical skills particularly with social processes.
- Good communication and draftingskills
- Ability to work in a team and train staff on the job on social mobilizationtools
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity andadaptability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethicalstandards.
- Demonstrated willingness to work on poverty issues and the affectedcommunity
- Suitable orientation to work with the deprived sections in the rural areas, vulnerability livelihoods
- Should be self-driven and motivated for social change.
- Management & Leadershipskills
- Mentoring & Mobilizationskills
- Communication, Training, Presentation & Language skills
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Post Graduate or Graduate in any subject with Mathematics as subject till class XII. preferably from Management/Commerce or Engineering background.
- Minimum two years of experience preferably of working with Producer Organization for Non- Farm Livelihood sector. Preference will be given to those who have worked with SRLM or SVEP Projects.
- Proficiency in Hindi & English-both speaking andwriting
- Proficiency in computerskills
- The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Governmentpolicy.
- 10 -15 days travel per month within the state, districts, block and village would berequired
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Uttarakhand;
- The consultant would report to District Mission Manager, USRLM
- All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the Government of Uttarakhand as per their prevailingrules;
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month(non-encashable).
- The incumbent will be provided official laptop by the government for undertaking official work.