ICT Product Line Specialist
Date: Jun 5, 2020
Location:Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 4
Deadline: 3 July 2020 (11:59 PM KST)
The mission of the Green Climate Fund (“GCF”, “Fund”) is to assist developing countries to respond to Climate Change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant Financial Resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The ICT Product Line Specialist is the owner of more than one ICT product line and is responsible for their strategy, Design, development, enhancement delivery, pricing, and cost recovery. The role ensures that the product lines are developed and maintained using sound business and technology management practices and they support business transformation by enabling new capabilities. The position reports to the Enterprise ICT Programme Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees product line operations, guides continuous improvement efforts to support business outcomes, and defines, tracks, and communicates product line-specific KPIs to improve the product line’s adoption and performance;
- Acts as the point of contact for the ICT product line and works closely with business managers and ICT functional leads as required.
- Coordinates with business, data, and ICT teams to align ICT product line and other architectures, consults with GCF’s product line users to assess and anticipate current and future product line requirements, develops a long-term action plan, and, facilitates demand planning and management conversations;
- Manages vendor relationships and aligns vendor products and services with the Fund’s enterprise strategy and product line objectives, works with stakeholders to continually optimise the governance and decision-making processes within the product line, and develops service-level agreements for the product lines’ business outcomes.
- Recommends business process changes for better product line adoption, identifies and conveys business and technology trends that can improve the product line’s business outcomes, and contributes to embedding digital opportunities in GCF’s organisational strategy;
- Applies expertise in design thinking and Data Science to ensure customer-centric experiences.
Required Experience and Qualifications*
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; MBA or similar postgraduate business qualification;
- Certification in product/project management (e.g., PRINCE2 and PMP) is desirable;
- At least nine (9) years of professional experience in ICT service delivery, with at least five years of experience working directly with senior business leaders;
- Strong business acumen; understands the key drivers and dynamics related to improvement and growth and an organisation’s goals;
- Deep exposure to business processes through prior experience working outside corporate ICT;
- Experience in product management and enterprise architecture preferred;
- Ability to develop and deliver long-term strategy and technology roadmaps;
- Ability to manage the quality of service of product KPIs;
- Ability to effectively manage teams and maintain lines of communication through organisational change;
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including C-level executives and business leaders;
- Knowledge of Financial Management and vendor management;
- Basic knowledge of design thinking, APIs and integration, Agile methodologies, Big Data, and UI/UX design;
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.