Location :Gaziantep, TURKEY Application Deadline :01-Apr-20 (Midnight New York, USA) Type of Contract :**FTA Local** Post Level :**GS-5** Languages Required : English Expected Duration of Assignment :one year with possible extensionApply Now
BackgroundThis position is in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Gaziantep - Turkey. OCHA Syria in Turkey office serve as a hub to Whole of Syria crisis operation with 30 staff for country office and 14 staff for country based pooled fund (Syria Cross-border Humanitarian Fund). The main office is based in Gaziantep and there is a small Liaison Office in Ankara (4 staff). OCHA also extend the IT service to a sister agency UNMM (UN Monitoring Mechanism) in Gaziantep, who has separate server than OCHA, thus ICT Assistant tasks include to provide supports to UNMM on ad-hoc basis on internet connection and liaise with DFS IT teams. Please note that applicants applying for UNOCHA Local Fixed Term positions must be a Turkish Citizens. Only candidates holding Turkish Nationality and who meet the recruitment qualifications in terms of education, experience and language skills as advertised through the Job Description, should apply online and submit one application through a letter of interest accompanied by an informative but concise CV in English indicating the reference code of the post and UN Personal History Form (P11). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Visit www.unocha.org for additional information on UNOCHA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support management of the server room.
- Support the office network of servers, computers, hardware and Internet infrastructure.
- Support for updating network and system to ensure that it is secure and using the most current technologies.
- Troubleshoot problems in personal computers and make sure they have most up-to-date software.
- Maintain managing Security Firewall System.
- Assist for Manage the Antivirus Software.
- Assist for maintaining the Backup system.
- Assist for liaising with vendors for maintenance, delivery of hardware and software, and other services.
- Make sure hardware is functional for OCHA office.
- Support software selection and troubleshooting.
- Update current EDP inventory with new purchases.
- Ensure that printers are fully functional.
- Maintain a stock of toner cartridges to insure uninterrupted printing for all printers.
- Technical support and maintenance of the printers.
- Make sure the local server functions properly with close cooperation with HQ ICT.
- Make sure Lotus notes clients are upgraded to the latest version on all computers.
- Technical support on Microsoft 365 software used by the staff including troubleshooting problems
- Provide user support on how to optimally use software.
- Support and training on OCHA systems including the Syria Workspace, FiDMS, OCHAnet and corporate websites
- Provide audio teleconference, video conference management and web-based streaming over the Internet.
CompetenciesCore Innovation Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations Level 2: Analyzes complex technical materials (including data) and makes concise, relevant recommendations Leadership Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges Level 2: Proactively identifies new opportunities and challenges People Management Takes ownership of responsibilities Level 2: Takes ownership of responsibilities Communication Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity Level 2: Understands, explains and shares information on assigned tasks with accuracy and clarity Delivery Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services Level 2: Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services; Technical/Functional Application Management Ability to develop, support, and maintain applications Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks Network and Infrastructure Management Ability to manage IT network and infrastructure Level 2: Execute & Learn: Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work IT Customer Support Ability to support internal customers with IT assistance Level 2:Execute & Learn:Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work IT Continuity and Disaster Recovery Ability to manage IT continuity and disaster recovery Level 2: Technical Assistance: Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Secondary education with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification).
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) required;
- 2 years’ experience in IT, including Networking and Server installation and administration with bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ relevant experience with secondary education.
- Experience in information management or related field would be an asset, some experience in the design and successful implementation of new processes and systems would be an asset.
- Experience in the application of information management in humanitarian response is desirable.
- Proficiency in English and Turkish are required. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
- human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is create;
- necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced.