- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of Project Management, implementation and support. Skilled in Emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
- Our client is looking to hire an experienced Hydro Project Manager in their site, the selected candidate will be responsible to complete the below mentioned responsibilities.
- The Hydro Project Manager is primarily responsible for the delivery of initially a pilot project & subsequently a number of projects associated with the development, maintenance & enhancement our hydro generation plant & will vary in value from approximately £500k to £2M.
- If you are successful you will be responsible for the development of the project scope, preparation of specifications, tender process, project execution & handover of the projects to the operations team.
- If this opportunity is of interest to you please review the experience we require you to have to be successful.
- This role reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- This role is expected to manage a team, hence team management experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Fluency in English is essential.
Skills & experience required:
- Degree in Mechanical or Multi Disciplined Engineering.
- Experience in hydro power or similar industry involving large rotating machinery, pipelines & water control equipment.
- Experience of working within an operational plant, including understanding of safe systems of work, isolation procedures & constraints imposed by production.
- Experience of developing technical solutions through own engineering capabilities & by engaging other engineering support.
- Experienced in the specification & management of engineering contracts, including supply only, Design & build as well as site works & installation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the business on both a technical & managerial level.
- Good teamwork skills & ability to work in multi discipline engineering environment, including flexibility to learn about & manage, other disciplines.
- Ability to managing consultants to optimise solutions with respect to performance, program, quality & cost.
- Ability to follow formal procurement processes, including the review of supplier contracts & successful negotiation of terms & cost.
- Ability to managing project related change, considering & managing technical & commercial aspects.
- Sound knowledge of primary H&S & environmental legislation, particularly Construction Design & Management (CDM) regulations.
Other relevant information:
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
- This role requires the candidate to travel between DRC & Rwanda.