Humanitarian Officer - Typhoon Rolly Response (Nationals Only) The Role The Humanitarian Officer, as a member of the Humanitarian Response Unit (HRU), plays strategic and operational roles in delivering Save the Children Philippines' (SCP) humanitarian response to Super Typhoon Rolly in Bicol region, particularly in Catanduanes province. The post-holder will closely work with other members of the HRU and other units within Save the Children Philippines to ensure a quality-driven, timely, and safe implementation of life-saving multi-sectoral response activities. The Humanitarian Officer is also expected to collaborate with local authorities and other humanitarian organizations on ensuring the representation of the organization in different Coordination forum, and in reaching the most vulnerable children and families who are needing Humanitarian Assistance. The Humanitarian Officer will be accountable in ensuring the compliance of program implementation to donor guidelines, Save the Children's policies, and existing Philippines laws. As a Save the Children staff, the Humanitarian Officer is expected to abide to the safeguarding framework of the organization, adheres to the Do No Harm and other humanitarian principles and standards, and ensures that children's rights are protected at all times. The Humanitarian Officer will be based in Virac, Catanduanes with frequent travels within the province. Qualifications and Experience EssentialApply Now
- University level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience working in an international humanitarian organization, UN, or Civil Society Organizations
- Experience in humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in different contexts
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring compliance to operations in cash and voucher assistance or similar humanitarian assistance
- Experience in building, working, and developing local partnerships, including with the private sector.
- Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes.
- Security management experience across a large programme.
- Experience in developing and delivering training, as well as mentoring and coaching.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Ability to write and excellent research/analytical skills
- Ability to develop and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Good understanding of current humanitarian issues and the dilemmas/compromises inherent in modern humanitarian interventions
- Budget management experience
- People management experience
- Tech-savvy and skilful on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other products
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality Basic Education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated