The Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) within the Bureau for Management Services (BMS) supports all UNDP offices and units with the provision of transactional services. This includes a core set of transactions in Finance, Procurement and HR that are already being handled by the GSSU in Kuala Lumpur.Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief of Operations, GSSU, the HR Associate ensures execution of transparent and efficient HR services in GSSU Kuala Lumpur. The HR Associate promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and supports to the maintenance of high staff morale. The HR Associate also works in close collaboration with GSSU in Copenhagen and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex HR-related issues and information exchange. Duties and Responsibilities1. Ensures administration and implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of records and reports with UN rules, regulations, UNDP policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control framework;
- GSSU HR business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management, control of workloads of the supervised staff;
- Provision of information to the management and staff on strategies, rules and regulations.
- Implementation of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels;
- Performing the functions of Admin HR, and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (fixed-term) in Atlas. Timely follow up with Local Payroll Team on payroll issues;
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Maintenance of the GSSU staffing table;
- Preparation of submissions to the Compliance Review Panel;
- Provision of information on benefits/entitlements to nationally recruited staff;
- Maintenance of the rosters including e-rosters.
- Provision of background information and maintenance of the related data acting as Secretary of TMRG;
- Participation in preparation of Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the Senior Management and Learning Manager.
- Support the collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR issues;
- Ensures full compliance of all mandatory courses for all staff;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Coordination of UN exams (Advanced Accountancy and Finance Test, Accountancy & Finance Test, Language Proficiency Test).
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Understands and applies main processes and methods of HR Management. Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policy and procedures relating to HR and applies them consistently.
- Knowledge of enterprise learning and development issues, concepts, and principles, and ability to apply them to enhance the fulfillment and performance of employees
- Ability to manage organization, department and employee goals
- Knowledge of recruiting issues, procedures, and principles and the ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations to secure quality candidates
- Organises and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Secondary Education or Bachelor’s degree in the HR Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Bachelor of Arts, Social Sciences or a related field.
- Secondary education with 6 years or Bachelor’s with 3 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in providing HR services and/or administrative experience;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP HR module experience, especially PeopleSoft (Atlas);
- HR certification from a reputable institution is a distinct advantage;
- UN/UNDP working experience is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Non-Smoking environment
Important applicant information
Internal mobility at GSSU is strongly encouraged and we reserve the right to reassign the newly appointed staff members with similar skillset and educational qualifications for similar functions and job categories at the same level in GSSU. The internal lateral movements will be determined based on the needs of the organization while allowing the newly recruits to broaden their skills, build networks and gain fresh experience and to better align their profiles with the jobs.
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.