Desired start date: August 2020 Duration of the mission: 5 months (renewable) Location: Position based in Aden / YemenApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI opened its mission in Yemen in 2017, establishing its Coordination in Aden. With the support of the Emergency DESK, SI mission was able to quickly acquire operational capacity, which was first deployed in Lahj Governorate, for implementation of WASH and Food Security Programming. Over the course of 2018, SI expanded the geographical scope of its intervention, and established presence in Al Turbah and Al Mokha in Taizz Governorate. For the year 2020/21; the mission has a forecasted budget of about 10M Euros. It operates from Aden, where the coordination is based, and 2 operational field bases located in Al Turbah and Al Mokha. The mission is composed of 23 expatriates and more than 100 national staffs, and is funded by OFDA, CDC, YHPF, DutchMoFA and ECHO. SI Programming in Yemen focuses on addressing immediate food needs of communities at risk of famine, as well as providing timely response to displacements of population and AWD/Cholera outbreaks. Its portfolio is primarily composed of WASH Emergency projects, along with unconditional cash distribution.
ABOUT THE JOBGeneral objectives SI is looking for a proactive and intuitive collaborator able to lead Human Resources operations for a young but evolving mission, in highly volatile environment. The Human Resources Coordinator will coordinate all Human Resource services associated with the mission and lead the implementation of a mission strategy on Capacity Building. The HR coordinator coordinates the implementation of Solidarités International Human Resources policy. As HR Coordinator he/she is responsible for the administrative aspects of the mission and ensures the respect by all of, Solidarités International procedures, the procedures of financial backers and the laws of the country in which SI is intervening. He/she is the mission point of contact and the link between headquarters and the mission for any questions relating to Human Resources. Specific stakes and challenges
- Support the transition of the mission to a more sustainable organizational structure with less reliance on expatriate positions. Work with the management team to identify key positions for nationalization and support the overall capacity building of national staff.
- Due to context and very high inflation rate there is a need to track the changes in the cost of living and the work market
- Support the stabilization of the mission after a significant period of growth, reinforce HR policy implementation and adapt to evolving context.
- Analysis of the socio-economic context
- HR management of expatriates and nationals
- Team management
- Follow up on finalization/implementation of capacity building strategy/policy, support managers and bases in the development of annual training plans and follow up of specific nationalization processes. Ensure that capacity building is a shared responsibility among all manager/coordinator positions and included as a component of each manager’s action plan.
- Monitor implementation of recently reviewed HR policies (new health insurance, Daily Worker Policy & Function Grid, Attractiveness Policy, Social Dialog etc)
YOUR PROFILEEducation and experience
- Diploma in Human Resources management.
- Previous experience in administrative/ Human Resource Management for an international NGO (at least two years).
- Previous experience in unstable environment (conflict / post conflict country)
- Experience of team management
- Strong experience in capacity building
- Knowledge of Homere software
- Knowledge of SI rules, tools and procedures
- Good and proven writing and spoken English are required
- Arabic and/or French speaking is an asset
- Good analytical and writing/editing skills
- Good communication and diplomatic skills
- Good organization skill
- Capacity to work under pressure in a tense security environment
- Good pedagogical skills
- Knowledge and experience of the Yemen or Middle-eastern countries appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work and stress management capacities
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments