WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. JOB TITLE: Home Grown School Feeding Programme Associate JOB GRADE: Service Contract- Level 6 REPORTING TO: Head of Field Office DURATION: 12 Months renewable NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 2 positions LOCATION: Huye (1) & Karongi (1) ABOUT WFP The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT WFP Rwanda works in partnership with the Government and other stakeholders through the direct implementation of integrated programmes targeting the most vulnerable people and will progressively shift towards building national capacity to formulate, manage and implement programmes for achieving zero hunger. In implementing its activities, WFP will bridge the humanitarian–development nexus and leverage its extensive experience and the contributions it has made in Rwanda over many decades in order to achieve five strategic outcomes:Apply Now
- Refugees and returnees in Rwanda have access to adequate and nutritious food at all times.
- Vulnerable populations in food-insecure communities and areas have improved access to adequate and nutritious food all year.
- Children under 5, adolescents and pregnant and nursing women and girls in Rwanda have improved access to nutritious foods and services that enable them to meet their nutrition needs all year.
- Smallholder farmers, especially women, have increased marketable surplus and access to agricultural markets through efficient supply chains by 2030.
- The Government of Rwanda and the humanitarian community is provided with adequate, timely, cost-efficient and agile supply chain services and expertise necessary to effectively respond to Emergency crisis.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in development, nutrition, M&E, programme, etc.
- Has worked with technical teams related to nutrition, education, VAM, or other relevant areas.
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
- Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
- Has experience leading teams.
- Eligibility: This position is open to Rwandan nationals and any candidate who possesses valid permit to live and work in Rwanda.
- Duration of Post: 1 year renewable, subject to successful performance and availability of funds.
- Contract Type: Service Contract (SC), Level 6