Are you our new Health Safety and Security Manager in Venezuela?
NRC is scaling up its response to the situation in Venezuela, and the role of the Security Manager will be crucial in the consolidation of the health, safety and security framework of the NRC country office; updating the risk assessments and establishing mitigation measures to facilitate a response in new areas and hard-to-reach areas. Our programmes are first and foremost related to Education, Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and COVID-19 Response activities.
Within the different programs we are conducting several distributions. These activities make up an extremely complex and challenging operation that requires continuous security analysis and support in order to secure that NRC is reaching the most vulnerable populations with lifesaving assistance while at the same time ensuring duty of care for our staff.
The HSS Manager reports to the Country Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Development and implementation of the NRC Security Management System at national level
- Conduct Security Risk Analysis (SRA) according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS)
- Minimise security risks to the operations of NRC
- Management of security staff at country office
- Support, training, control and development of security staff and field staff in all offices
- Prepare reports as required
- Communicate and cooperate with relevant external security actors Train and develop staff in safety and security
- Supporting the development/implementation of a robust security structure in all Area offices.
- Providing the security context for programme implementation.
- Mapping and analysing access key constraints
- Facilitating and catalysing principled access negotiations.
- Monitoring compliance to security plans and SOPs.
- Ensuring all staff receive basic security training
- Coordinating and organizing drills (fire, evacuations, etc.) in each area of the country
- Networking: Liaise with national and local security forces in coordination with the Country Director. Liaise with other INGOs’ security focal persons and key stakeholders (UN, EU, embassies), ensuring good communication and collaboration in order to gather relevant information.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Security Manager in an emergency/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and oral
- Knowledge of Venezuela’s context.
- Experience working in Latin America is a plus
- Experience with managing principled access negotiations
- Experience in working in high risk and highly volatile environments
A sense of humor is an asset!
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Empowering and building trust
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
We can offer
Commencement: As soon as possible
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
Grade: 9 - see attached NRC grade structure
Duty station: Caracas, Venezuela with approx 30 % travel .
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.