Health, Safety, and Security (HSS) Adviser Lebanon & Syria Country Office, Region Middle East, Norwegian Refugee Council Rights Respected, People Protected NRC currently has more than 2,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria . As a leading humanitarian organization, we support displaced persons by implementing programs across the Shelter, Education, Food Security, Information Counseling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Health, Safety, and Security Adviser responsible for the development and implementation of Health, Safety, and Security function within Lebanon/SCO. The position holder will ensure that NRC Lebanon and NRC SCO are well positioned to respond to current and future security risks and shall demonstrate strong engagement and leadership in major actions while ensuring capacity building of HSS teams across the countries. This role serves as a core member of the Country Management Group (CMG) for Lebanon and Crisis Management Team (CMT) in both country offices (COs). Generic Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the NRC Security Management System at national level of both COs
- Conduct Security Risk Assessments (SRA) according to minimum operational requirements (MOSS).
- Identify and Mitigate security risks of NRC operations
- Prepare reports as required
- Communicate and cooperate with relevant external security actors
- Support, train, control, and develop Health, Safety and Security teams in all offices.
- Promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in NRC related activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working senior role within Safety and Security preferably in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, mainly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is a plus
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Handling insecure environments
- Initiating action and change
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic Thinking