EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY Vacancy in the Directorate of Space Transportation. ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. Applications from women are encouraged. Post Head of the Space Transportation Policy and Communication Office This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale. Location ESA Headquarters, Paris, France Description As Head of the Space Transportation Policy and Communication Office, reporting to the Head of Strategy and Institutional Launches in the Directorate of Space Transportation (STS), you will be responsible for designing policies for the European space transportation sector, coordinating relations with Member States and non-member States, leading space transportation communication actions and reporting and providing Analysis. You will manage a small team. Duties Duties of the Head of the Space Transportation Policy and Communication Office include:Apply Now
- supporting the definition and review of strategy for the European space transportation sector, which also drives system studies and roadmaps, including the governance of the development and exploitation of space transportation in Europe;
- supporting ESA decision-making related to space transportation matters and the ESA decision-making body in charge of space transportation matters, including in terms of planning of decision milestones;
- drawing up programmatic requirements and ensuring coherence in the drafting of Programme Proposals, Declarations, Implementing Rules and Agreements;
- coordinating the Directorate’s relations with Member States and non-member States and supporting related negotiations;
- assessing the socio-economic value and life cycle of ESA’s space transportation activities as well as the evolution of the worldwide space transportation market and providing regular analysis;
- providing the Directorate’s contributions to corporate action plans;
- leading and conducting STS communication across programmes and activities and sites, including the communication part of the CSG contract, regularly updating the rolling communication plan for the external communication of the Directorate and fostering outreach of ESA space transportation activities.
- taking responsibility for delivering team results, providing direction, including the planning and distribution of team members’ activities and delegating responsibility;
- assessing individual performance against objectives and providing continuous constructive feedback;
- creating a motivating work environment and promoting a good team spirit.
- the ability to manage a team and drive its performance
- strong cognitive and analytical skills
- proactivity, flexibility and strong organisational skills
- people management experience and experience in a technical space domain is an asset.