Desired start date: 01/08/2020 Duration of the mission: 6 months renewable Location: Cox’s BazarApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR. SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of Climate Change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies. SI operates through three core stages of intervention, rapid response mechanisms in the aftermath of a disaster or emergency, early recovery/transitional periods and development. In line with the 2019/2020 country strategy, SI is focusing on four key strategic objectives: – Responding to the most urgent needs of conflict and disaster affected populations; – Strengthening the resilience of vulnerable communities to recurrent shocks; – Strengthening communities’ capacities to access resources; – Reducing marginalization through inclusive programming. To this end, SI Bangladesh focuses the crux of its work on the WaSH and FSL sectors with a cross cutting them of integrated protection and resilience.
ABOUT THE JOBAs part of the Coordination-team" id="link" class="link">Coordination Team and reporting to the DCD (Deputy Country Director), and working closely with the program and support departments at coordination level, as well as the base teams, the Grant Manager is the mission’s focal point on ensuring accountability to donors. Specifically, he/she is in charge of:
- Contributing to the mission’s strategic development.
- Direct management of the Grants Manager Assistant.
- Contributing to the CD/DCD’s representation with donors.
- Monitoring and identifying funding opportunities in line with SI country and global strategy.
- Oversees the compilation of timely and high quality concept notes, proposals and contract modification requests in compliance with deadlines, donor and internal requirements. Validates Interim and final narrative and budget reports before submission to donor or Consortium lead, in consultation with the DCD/Program Coordinator, Technical Coordinators and support department managers.
- Monitoring compliance between internal and donor procedures and builds the Capacity Building of new and existing staff on internal guidelines/tools (i.e. GERB) and donor procedures.
- Proactively follows-up on donor contractual obligations, from contracting to closing and archiving.
- Proactively develop and roll-out the mission communication strategy as per identified needs in close collaboration with CD/DCD
- Archiving preparation for external audits and audit report archiving
- Donor Relations
- Financing strategy
- Project Development
- Contractual management/monitoring of projects (grant management)
- External compliance
- Program Implementation (compliance with internal/external requirements)
- External Audits
- Relatively large volume of operations which suffered gaps and internal organizational lacks; it impacted the regular reporting tools inputs but improved practices are being currently set-up.
- Very important reporting and Grants Management duties linked with the large donors’ portfolio and relatively short projects duration
- Necessity to further develop the mission communication strategy to fit the needs of the country strategy
- Projects development in an inclusive way, drawing on lessons learned and strategies being produced by the different departments
- Support in linking the grants management with the department strategies and adapted information management tools
- Support the development of a communication strategy and required tools
YOUR PROFILEEducation: Master’s degree is in a relevant field (social sciences, developmental studies, etc.) or Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of relevant experience. Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar position in an overseas NGO environment, ideally in both emergency and developmental contexts;
- Previous experience in donor relations/accountability/communications with a wide range of institutional donors
- Experience of program development and reporting in different fields: WASH, food security – livelihood and DRR considered as an asset.
- Experience of coordinating within large teams in multiple locations with various challenges;
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures;
- Experience leading communications both internal and external
- An ability to reflect on and learn from own performance and the performance of the team; and to act upon that learning;
- An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately;
- A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
- Diplomatic and smooth leadership & communication skills
- Strong public relation skills.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel;
- Extensive report writing and oral skills in English;
- An understanding of and commitment to SI’s mission and values.