Grants Coordinator Palestine, Norwegian Refugee Council Rights Respected, People Protected Since 2009, NRC has been providing humanitarian assistance and promoting respect for international law in one of the longest-running displacement crises in modern history. Through our work across the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, we protect and assist Palestinians affected by, or threatened with, displacement. We provide legal counselling to promote human rights, and work to improve shelter, water and sanitation facilities and essential services. We support the provision of quality education, with a focus on psychosocial support for children and teachers, and help communities prepare for, and respond to, emergencies. We advocate for the rights of displaced Palestinians locally and internationally. We invest in coordination mechanisms to help improve the effectiveness and responsiveness of humanitarian action across Palestine.Apply Now
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe purpose of the Grants Coordinator position is to provide essential grant management support in delivering quality programmes to the Head of Programmes, and to ensure that the monitoring and evaluation of programmes takes place in line with NRC policies and procedures. The following is a brief description of the role. Generic Responsibilities:
- Adhere to NRC policies, guidance and procedures and consider NRC global and regional strategies when executing functions related to this role.
- Develop and maintain an overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, and ensuring that all grant documents are properly filed.
- Design, lead, and manage processes to establish Country Office and program-level M&E systems.
- Oversee and line manage Grants and M&E staff.
- Act as internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings on donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing.
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals to the Head of Programmes.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports.
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems.
- Support the Head of Programmes in oversight of the RACI for Programme Cycle Management.
- Support the programmes part of external donor audits.
- Represent with relevant partners and donors as delegated.
- Support external donor audits.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Other relevant programme-related activities as agreed and discussed with the Head of Programme.
- Between 3-5 years of relevant experience within the aid sector.
- Excellent skills and experience in report and proposal writing and editing.
- Outstanding technical writing and editing skills in English, with a keen eye for detail.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable in handling data and budgets.
- Experience in working with humanitarian and development donors.
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations.
- Relevant experience in project cycle management.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines in high-stress scenarios with competing priorities.
- Good interpersonal and coordination skills.
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Works well and communicates professionally with constituents colleagues and stakeholders from a wide diversity of cultures and viewpoints
- Managing deadlines with focus
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Setting goals that contribute to improving the lives of others and oneself
- Contract period: 12 month fixed-term.
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
- Duty station: Jerusalem, min 30% in Gaza plus travel to West Bank and Regional Office (travel permitting)