Desired start date: 15/11/2020 Duration of the mission: 12 months Location: Position based in Amman with movements in SyriaApply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSyria mission is working into 2 heavily affected areas of Syria by the last years of conflict: Northeast (NES) and Northwest (NWS). Syria mission is dedicated to provide lifesaving activities to the most vulnerable population. Main activities include emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation, distribution of essential NFI (winterization, hygiene, shelter, new arrival kits, etc..) and cash, and WAHS and Health infrastructures rehabilitation. The mission has been expanded in 2018-2019 through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The consortium will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health in NES. The SI Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 25 million USD budget forecasted for 2020.
ABOUT THE JOBAs part of the Coordination-team" id="link" class="link">Coordination Team, and working closely with the program and support departments at coordination level, as well as the base teams, the Coordinator" id="link" class="link">Grants Coordinator is the mission’s focal point on ensuring accountability to donors. Specifically, he/she is in charge of:
- Contributing to the mission’s strategic development.
- Monitoring and identifying funding opportunities in line with SI country and global strategy.
- Leading the planning, development and consolidation of timely and high quality proposals, reports and contract modification requests for submission to donors and consortium partners.
- Monitoring compliance with donor procedures throughout the grant cycle and building capacity of new and existing staff on internal accountability tools and donor procedures.
- Donor Relations : Contributes to the Country Office representation with donors through attendance in meetings, providing updates on the status of the project, and communicating directly with donor focal points when required
- Financing strategy : Actively monitors and identifies funding opportunities from SI institutional donors, new institutional donors, funding from foundations and private donors as well as co-funding opportunities.
- Project Design and Development : Leads the coordination between Field Office/s, Technical Coordinator/s and Support teams and acts as focal point for the planning, design and submission of concept notes and proposals
- Reporting : Leads all closure meetings to disseminate information about the completed project (programmatic, financial, administrative, logistical etc.) to all relevant staff, and launches the Final Report writing process
- Contractual management : Plan, prepare and leads all kick-off meetings, closure meetings and quarterly/regular, at coordination level, review to disseminate information, facilitate the anticipation of any challenge/request of modifications about all contractual obligations (programmatic, financial, administrative, logistical etc.) to all relevant staff, and disseminates and monitors all points to be actioned by relevant departments following the meeting
- Grants team management
- External compliance: Coordinated SI responses to due diligence/vetting exercises conducted by donors or Prime recipients.
- Internal and external communication: Act as the Solidarités International official representative in the country for aid workers, local political and administrative authorities, the civil society and the media.
- External Audits: Monitors and disseminates deadlines for incoming audits, liaises with the Transparency and Institutional Development department at HQ to plan the audit and contract with the audit firm (if relevant).
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing humanitarian grants with project management experience preferred;
- Experience developing proposals with rigorous requirements and tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read) is mendatory
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and across various time zones
- Strong initiatives and improvisation capacities
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work both independently and cooperatively with team members
- Good stress management
- Prior experience in Middle East an asset