Starting date: 09/01/2020 Duration: Open Ended Contract Location: Headquarter of Solidarités International, Clichy (France). With short field missions. WHAT DO WE DO SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is a non-profit and humanitarian organization founded in 1980 and working in areas of conflict and natural disasters. Its main aim is to provide quick and effective support for people in life-threatening situations by meeting their vital needs: water, sanitation, food security and shelter. After responding to emergencies by supplying assistance directly to those in need, we help vulnerable people until they regain their livelihoods and the autonomy needed to tackle the challenges of an uncertain future with dignity. These efforts would not work properly, or even be possible, without the fierce determination to constantly respect the humanitarian principles of humanity, independence, impartiality and neutrality. JOB DESCRIPTION You already have more than 5 years of humanitarian experience between headquarters and the field? You are familiar with project engineering (project cycle, logical framework...), contract cycle (concept notes, project proposals, reports, audit) and main institutional donors strategies? You have a very good knowledge of the donors’ environment and their requirements? You are passionate about the Middle East context? Come and join us at the Transparency and Institutional Development (TID) department! Work Environment: The Transparency and Institutional Development (TID) Unit is a new department of SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL whose primary mission is to ensure a high level of transparency and accountability to our external partners in the implementation of our humanitarian activities. As part of the 2018-2020 strategy, SI has decided to progressively differentiate programs management and the management of the contractual and financial accountability. A restructuring of the operational desks is in progress, including the creation of a new support position of “Donor Accountability and Development Manager”, focusing specifically on:Apply Now
- Developing & managing funding partnerships,
- Donor accountability,
- External compliance,
- And contract and grant management.
- Financing strategy: Analyze eligibility and relevance of the funding opportunity looking at SI global and country strategies; in collaboration with the Desk (Manager and PM), anticipate resources and support needed to access the funding opportunity; and support the Desk Manager in the development of a broader fundraising strategy for missions.
- Project Development: Provide support to country teams for the design, the writing, and the submission of project proposals and concept notes, in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Contractual and Grant management: Contribute to review the terms of contract with donors or prime recipients before signature; lead in writing Sub-Award Agreements; oversee that interim and final narrative reports are prepared on time and validate final reports before submission; and more generally, manage the contract/submission cycle monitoring, facilitate kick-off meetings, follow-up and closure meetings.
- External compliance: Ensure that final and intermediary narrative and financial reports, respect donors guidelines; in coordination with the desk team (Finance, Program, Logistics) and Finance Department (DAF), answer to due diligence processes conducted by donors or Prime recipients at HQ level, and provide support to field teams to answer due diligence exercises at field level; analyze donor procedures, and inform relevant departments of compliance challenges, including compliance issues with internal procedures ; develop internal guidance on donor procedures to facilitate compliance for all the relevant staff (HQ/Missions).
- External representation towards donors: In close collaboration with the Desk Manager, ensure external communication with donors, in particular on contractual issues.
- Experience in programme management/programme monitoring and team management in the field for a humanitarian NGO.
- A good knowledge of the contexts specific to the geographical area concerned (Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon).
- Demonstrated experience in contract management on OFDA contracts is a significant advantage.
- Exposure to and management of partnerships with international and/or local NGOs (consortium) is also an undeniable asset.
- Job based at the Headquarter of Solidarités International, at Clichy la Garenne (Metro Mairie de Clichy) with short missions on the field.
- Fix Term contract 7 months (31/12/2020)
- Gross monthly salary : from 2 880 to 3 000€ depending of the experience of the candidate
- 12 days of TOIL day/year
- Health Insurance (80 %), meal voucher (60%), transport tickets (50%) paid for by the association.