This job opportunity is located in Estero, Florida Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association has an exciting opportunity for a Grants Administrator based out of the National Center office, located in Dallas, TX . This position can be remote but must live near a major airport. In this position, you will be responsible for providing preparation, implementation, monitoring, management and reporting for multiple grants within an assigned portfolio. Grant awards are typically less than $500,000. Responsible for collaborating with staff to ensure timely completion of all grant deliverables, monitoring budgets to ensure appropriate and on-schedule grant spending and preparing internal and external reports.Apply Now
- Builds and integrates grant requirements into internal grant funding policies and procedures for monitoring monies and funded activities. Develops and communicates internal record keeping and system requirements to National Corporate Relations Administrative and management staff as well as implementing departments within AHA. Coordinates and ensures stakeholders and staff adhere to funding policies and procedures.
- Develops and distributes grant funded program reports to communicate results, achievement of deliverables and outcomes to comply with donor reporting requirements. Works closely with Corporate Relations staff to provide accurate records to impact stewardship relationship and encourage future funding opportunities. Trains others on funding process and accurate data retention.
- Contributes to development of grant budgets, implementation plans, outcomes and deliverables for funding proposals. Provides input on process for Monitoring and Reporting based on grant application requirements.
- Stays abreast of changes in industry and opportunities with organizations in line with AHA’s mission.
- Provides Administration and procedural management of grants including conducting research, contacting donors or other staff and providing appropriate reporting. The successful candidate will have demonstrated organizational skills and be able to track large volumes of information related to grant submissions, open RFP’s, grant reconciliations and reporting required by funders with due dates. Demonstrated planning skills a must.
- Participates in or contributes to Corporate Relations projects or assignments.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related experience
- Budget development and management
- Project Management
- Reporting and correspondence
- Grant outcomes and deliverables
- Ability to travel up to 10% local and overnight stay
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Pre and post award Grants Management experience