Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Apply Now
- Support the SWG Coordinator in identifying the relevant information requirement of the Working Group partners and facilitate information sharing among stakeholders.
- Support the Working Group Coordinator in all information gathering and coordinating information collection process including monitoring and analysing of data.
- Participate in the analysis of data as well as visualization (such as mapping, gap analysis, infographic, etc) and reporting to Working Group partners.
- Upon SWG Coordinator’s demand participate Establish and maintain systems to ensure data confliction at field level hilts avoiding duplication.
- Regularly engage and represent the Shelter Working Group in the Information Management Working Group and the Assessment Working Group, feed backing to the Working Group as relevant.
- Elaborate and maintain the Shelter Working Group information management and mapping tools including but not limited to Working Group website, 4W, dashboard, snapshot and presence and intervention tracking as required.
- Support the Working Group Coordinator and Technical Coordinator in developing a monitoring framework for the Working Group indicators.
- Liaise with humanitarian stakeholders and relevant government counterpart on behalf of the Shelter Working Group as required. Maintain contact with appropriate partner agencies when basic or special needs are identified.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day)- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country- Provide annual and end of assignment reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities using UNV’s Volunteer Reporting Application- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Perform Information Management activities for the Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI) Working Group: Ensure that the 4W is compiled nationally and at field level and kept up to date with de-conflicted information; Maintain web presence at Sheltercluster.org and verify that up-to-date and relevant information is easily accessible to partners; Ensure that Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI) Working Group meetings and facilitate access are well advertised, organized and that partners have access to discussed issues; Maintain mailing lists in order to reach relevant partners and answer or redirect their requests. Perform GIS activities for the Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI) Working Group: Provide on demand mapping; provide mapping of Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI) Working Group partners activities Inform the Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI) Working Group coordination on Geographic Information issues. Maintain contact with other Working Groups and the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). Monitor humanitarian IM / GIS initiatives; Advise the Shelter Working Group on IM / GIS initiatives;
- The development of capacity through coaching, mentoring and formal on-the-job training, when working with (including supervising) national staff or (non-) governmental counter-parts, including Implementing Partners (IPs); • Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective is systematically applied, integrated and documented in all activities throughout the assignment • A final statement of achievements towards volunteerism for peace and development dur-ing the assignment, such as reporting on the number of volunteers mobilized, activities participated in and capacities developed
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent