The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation DRC Jordan is looking for a qualified individual to fill the role of Gender Specialist (GBV) is responsible for ensuring gender is mainstreamed throughout DRC’s protection and livelihoods programme. The Protection Specialist (Gender) will also support on the strategic development and technical oversight of DRC’s GBV activities, with a strong focus on GBV prevention. DRC currently has offices in 7 governorates across Jordan, providing integrated protection and livelihoods programming. About the job The individual will report directly to Protection Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:Apply Now
- Undertakes a detailed gender analysis, using primary and secondary data, focusing on DRC’s areas of operation in Jordan.
- Works with the Protection Manager to develop and roll out a gender mainstreaming strategy for DRC, including the development of relevant tools, such as a gender-responsive PIM system.
- Provides capacity building for DRC staff and partners on gender-responsive programming, including the development and delivery of gender- and GBV-focused trainings.
- Leads the development of gender-focused awareness raising material.
- Conducts regular field visits to ensure that all gender and GBV activities are of a high quality.
- Provides technical oversight to DRC Jordan’s GBV activities, with a focus on GBV prevention. Develops new GBV manuals and tools, as required, and undertakes quality checks of program activities.
- Provides technical oversight to partners providing GBV or gender—related activities.
- Represents DRC at the GBV subWG.
- Undertakes any other tasks, as requested by the Protection Manager or Partnerships and Communications Coordinator.
- Degree in Social work, gender or another relevant social science; Masters would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for an INGO in a role focusing on gender and GBV. Experience working as a technical capacity would be a distinct advantage.
- Extensive experience developing and delivering gender and/or GBV trainings;
- Experience working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Arabic