Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. Under the direct supervision of the Gender lead, the UNV will work closely with the Deputy Representative and the Programme Team. The UN Volunteer, through substantive analysis of the political, social and economic environment using relevant data will provide substantive inputs to project formulation, monitoring and evaluation, particularly in the area of Mental Health and Psychosocial (MHPSS) support and engaging men and boys, based on UPR, CEDAW, CRC, ICPD25 and Beijing 25 recommendations for Lao PDR for integration in development interventions. Duties and responsibilities:Apply Now
- Support the implementation of post-COVID-19 recovery interventions ensuring the rights of women and girls to be protected and promoted and support the realisation of the Lao Government's commitments to ICPD25 and SDGs;
- Lead the technical inputs to the UNFPA Lao portfolio on Resilience building and MHPSS vis-à-vis COVID-19 impact and response, GBV prevention within MISP (Minimum Initial Service package) humanitarian preparedness and response, as well as engaging men and boys in SRH and GBV prevention;
- Assist UNFPA Representative as the Development Partner Focal Point on Gender as well as UN Theme Group on Gender to facilitate a coordinated approach between the Government and the development partners in support of the Lao frameworks for protection and advancement of Women and the follow up of the CEDAW recommendations;
- Research and prepare analytic reports, briefs, infographics to capture results of interventions in the related programme Gender, MHPSS portfolios and contribute to joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks that focus on LNOB in the Lao context. Support the UNFPA Lao gender portfolio in response to the ICPD25 commitments and SDG5 indicators by identifying opportunities and preparing project proposals.
- Keep abreast of new policy developments and strategies, particularly in relation to emerging issues and humanitarian response vis-à-vis Gender and GBV and assessing the implications on programme execution, and ensuring their integration.
- Contribute to reporting and documenting Gender, MHPSS-related results under UNFPA Country Programme 6 (2017-2021) and the formulation of the UN Cooperation Framework and UNFPA CP7 (2022-2027) to ensure MHPSS, male engagement and Gender-responsive humanitarian response.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Laotian(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Thai(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in GBV, Gender/Resilience building, and or psychosocial and mental health support;
- Familiarity with international instruments, CEDAW, UPR, ICPD and Nairobi commitments, Beijing Platform for Action;
- Proven ability and experience in preparation of high-quality project proposals and reports;
- Experience in organisation of consultation workshops with technical government officials and high-level government leaders;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in drafting training materials regarding mental health and psychosocial support, gender-based violence and male engagement;
- Familiarity with male engagement methodologies and approaches;
- Experience in localizing international instruments for implementation in a national context, especially in Lao context will be an asset.